Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

TVR-SCCA Solo II Autocross #4
Calendar: Events Calendar
Steve  
July 24th 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Milton Frank Stadium, 2810 15th Ave, Huntsville, AL 35805

8:00am - Registration - Tech Opens
8:30am - Course Open For Walking
10:00am - Registration - Tech - Course Closes
10:15am - Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
10:30am - First Car Off

Registration is $35 for SCCA members. Temporary weekend SCCA memberships will be available for non-members for $5.

Autocrossing is a time-based event in which cars race against the clock on a course made of cones. Doesn't sound complicated or exciting, but it is the complete driving experience, allowing you to push the limits of you and your car in a controlled environment.

The Tennessee Valley Region of the Sport Car Club of America (TVR-SCCA) is a sister club to the Twickenham Auto Club (TAC) and the events follow a similar format.

Online registration is available here

This is the Annual 'North vs South' autocross where Huntsville goes to Birmingham on Saturday and then Birmingham comes to Huntsville on Sunday. From all the chatter in the discussion threads, this is going to be one autocross you won't want to miss!

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

While the weather was swelteringly hot, clouds rolled in on and off blocking the sun for good amounts of time. At points it looked like rain, but never did rain. But when those clouds were just right, they helped make some perfect lighting conditions for pictures.

Lots of Birmingham drivers came up for the North vs South challenge. There were over 75 cars registered. Even Yellowhammer came out:

The course was long as it went all the way around the stadium, but also fast with the fastest times breaking 60 seconds.

The competition was fierce, but in the end the North won again. Kinda like the Civil War reenactments.

A long day, but fun to see everyone enjoying the course. See everyone next time! -- Samir
5 members will be attending this event:

Old June 29th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Steve! Someone was just asking me about this 2 minutes ago.
Old July 18th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

AAAGGGHHH!! I want to drive the Porsche, but probably won't be able to. I need to check my schedule.
Old July 19th   #4
sok07
sok07
has no status.

ALSCCA (B'ham) vs TVR (Hsv) rivalry event this weekend. A bunch of TVR guys are driving down B'ham on Saturday and then a bunch of ALSCCA members are coming up to race here on Sunday. Best combined team two day score (final time, pax time, and participation points) wins and gets bragging rights.

TVR has won the past two years.
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th   #5
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
If I'm not able to be there, my co-driver will be with my car.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th   #6
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Does that mean there will be another D Stock car NITeZ?

Last edited by Stephen Freeman; July 19th at 06:24 PM.
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I didn't realize this was the North vs South weekend. I have to cut out halfway on Sunday, so I can't drive anyways. I'll be there with a camera though...even though there's already plenty to go through right now.
Old July 20th   #8
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Yep it will be in D Stock this weekend .
Old July 20th   #9
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Cool, Maybe us D Stock guys can put on a show. I am having a tire issue. So I will be running an old almost bald older set of street tires. It should be exciting to slide everywhere and still attempted to have decent times.
Old July 20th   #10
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Yeah. I'm on street tires as well, but only been on the car since March. I'm going to try to run this time but I have to be at work at 2pm .
Old July 20th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

If you have to be at work by 2pm, you'll probably have to cut out by lunch. Talk to the eventmaster beforehand and see if you can run all your runs before lunch so you can still have the same track time everyone else gets. They should be able to accomodate.
Old July 20th   #12
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

I'm not really that worried about it. If I have to cut out early no biggy. I just want to have some fun. Only problem I'm going to have is, I"ll have to borrow my co-driver's car to get to work, not sure if he will be in the mustang or honda lol.
Old July 20th   #13
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Just let the event master know you have to leave. You will probably have time to get all your runs in. They get upset when people don't work. If you tell them it is cool. We can plan around loosing one guy in the afternoon.
Old July 20th   #14
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Oh I will for sure let them know, Just not worried about getting all my runs in .
Old July 23rd   #15
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Well it's a no go for me tomorrow . I wasn't able to get the money up to register so neither me or my co driver will be there(was going to front his fee). Shop needed supplies so got to spend money to make money. Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to going. Maybe next time.
Old July 23rd   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

There's another one next month, so you're good. Do what you have to get done, the racing has been around here for over 50yrs and counting.
Old July 23rd   #17
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Yeah I know. I was just looking forward to being there tomorrow lol.
Old July 24th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's all good, as the weather won't be perfect. I wanted to drive the Porsche, but after my schedule change and the chance for rain, I've canned that idea. Just another 10hr working Sunday, lol.
Old July 27th   #19
sok07
sok07
has no status.

Just throwing this up here...

TVR wins the NvS autoX rivalry this past weekend. Score was 1897pts TVR - 914pts ALSCCA. :]

Last edited by sok07; July 27th at 08:43 AM.
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow! The North wins again.