Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

1st Annual Rocket City Classic Mega-Muscle Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
claystewart
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

July 23rd 10:00 AM to 03:30 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Riviera Fitness Center, 2211 University Dr, Huntsville, AL
Contact: Clay Stewart, owner, 256-990-3401, claystewart@tcrsoft.com

1st Annual Rocket City Classic Mega-Muscle and Classic Car Show to be held at Riviera Fitness Center in Huntsville, AL on Saturday July 23rd. This car show will be before the Rocket City Classic Bodybuilding Show that will be held at the Von Braun Center that evening. Car show noon-3pm. Trophies awarded for classic, muscle, truck and best in show. $100 awarded for best in show. There will be raffle prizes, BBQ and meet IFBB PRO male and female bodybuilders that will pose with you and your cars/trucks! Email me for a flier at claystewart@tcrsoft.com or call me at 256-990-3401. I want this to become an annual event and the best dang car/truck show in the area! Thanks! Clay Stewart, owner, Riviera Fitness

From the flyer and an email:

Registration is $10, and includes a free month membership to either the Riviera Fitness Center or Riviera MMA schools in Huntsville or Athens. The first 30 registered also also receive a Rocket City Classic Show Medallion and a Riviera Fitness T-shirt! Registration ends at 2:30pm. Judging cut-off at 3pm and awards will be at 3:30pm. Top 3 vehicles will be given awards including Best in Show that will be awarded $100.

And the trophies are pretty awesome. This is the smallest one:

6 members will be attending this event:

Old July 12th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old July 13th   #3
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Judges needed

I am looking for judges to help with this event. If you have experience and are available please send me your contact info to claystewart@tcrsoft.com. Im also looking for a few other volunteers to work the registration booth and do a few other things. Email me as well for those is interested and available. Thanks! Clay Stewart
claystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th   #4
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Huntsville Car Show on July 23rd

Come and bring your cars and trucks to the first annual Rocket City Classic Mega-Muscle Car Show on July 23rd! I need help with judging as well. See my post and the flyer on this forum or email me at claystewart@tcrsoft.com for more details. Thanks!
Old July 13th   #5
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

I just heard there are gona be some changes to the show as I understand its going to be open to all year models and makes and more is to be announced
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th   #6
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

changes to Rocket City Classic Mega-Muscle Car Show

I am opening up this event to ALL cars and trucks and doing trophys for the Top 3 overall and $100 cash to best in show as well. There won't be separate categories but everyone's vehicles will compete against everyone els based on same criteria. A new flier is coming but these will be the changes. EXCEPT! I'm also lowering the entry fee to $10!!! Limited spots will be available though so please register ASAP! Thanks! Clay Stewart...email with questions or to register at claystewart@tcrsoft.com.
Old July 13th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystewart View Post
I am opening up this event to ALL cars and trucks and doing trophys for the Top 3 overall and $100 cash to best in show as well. There won't be separate categories but everyone's vehicles will compete against everyone els based on same criteria. A new flier is coming but these will be the changes. EXCEPT! I'm also lowering the entry fee to $10!!! Limited spots will be available though so please register ASAP! Thanks! Clay Stewart...email with questions or to register at claystewart@tcrsoft.com.
Listing updated. As soon as I have the new flyer, I'll update that as well.
Old July 13th   #8
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Also, anyone entering this event will receive a free months membership to either the Riviera Fitness Center or Riviera MMA schools in Huntsville or Athens! Clay Stewart, owner
Old July 18th   #9
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Show still on for this Saturday the 23rd! Entry fee lowered to $10 and it will be a non-class show with all trucks competing against all cars for top 3 in show. See updated flier for more details. Hope yall can come!
Old July 18th   #10
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Rocket City Classic Car Show update

First 3 overall places will receive HUGE trophies...PICS coming...Also, first 30 cars/trucks to register will receive a 1st Annual Rocket City Classic Car Show Medallion, a Riviera Fitness T-Shirt and a FREE month's gym membership to any co-ed Riviera Fitness Center. Also, if you would like to advertise your business for FREE at the show sen me an email to claystewart@tcrsoft.com. All I ask is you supply some small door prizes. I am also looking for a few more food and drink vendors. You can come sell your product for FREE as well as long as I can give away a few small gift certificates from your business as additional door prizes. Thanks! Clay Stewart, Owner, Riviera Fitness
Old July 18th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Awesome! I've updated the event listing and will add trophy pics once I have them.
Old July 22nd   #12
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Last Call!

This show is tomorrow and things are shaping up nicely for a GREAT event! Will Landers is bringing his incredible truck and we are expecting over 50 other nice vehicles! There will be BBQ smoking and cold drinks. The show is in the gym parking lot so if you get too hot in the sweltering July heat go cool off inside and check out the best health club in the Tennessee Valley area! Dont forget the entry fee has been lowered to $10, there is 3 HUGE trophies up for grabs, $100 cash, the first 30 entries receive a nice goodie bag and there will be door prizes. Registration is from 10:30am-2:30pm. Judging ends at 3pm and awards are at 3:30pm. Also, dont forget to get your tickets to the Rocket City Classic Body Building show that night at the VBC in downtown Huntsville! See yall Saturday for some fun in the Alabama sun! Address is: Riviera Fitness Center, 2211 University Sr, Huntsville AL 35816...Look for the bright red and yellow Hummer with the flashing lights!
Old July 22nd   #13
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

I'll see if some of the Nissan guys want to swing by if the meet is over in time.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd   #14
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Great! Would love to have yall!
Old July 22nd   #15
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Might drive over!!
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd   #16
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

where is this show located at??? Hwy 72 Riviera in Madison???
Old July 22nd   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Where: Riviera Fitness Center, 2211 University Dr, Huntsville, AL
Right at the top in the event listing
Old July 23rd   #18
slowjoe24
slowjoe24

good show!!!
Old July 23rd   #19
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Thanks to everyone who participated at the show today! We had over 40 vehicles at this first time event thanks to all who came. Im already planning next years and another possible 2011 show/event in Athens. Clay Stewart, Riviera Fitness
Old July 23rd   #20
EBLiquidprint
EBLiquidprint
Finally sold his truck

Just wanted to stop by and thank Clay for inviting us to his show, we had a wonderful time today and met some great people. We are really looking forward to next years show. Thanks so much EB Liquid Print
EBLiquidprint is offline   Reply With Quote