Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

3rd Annual Madison Street Festival Charity Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

October 1st 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Downtown Madison, AL

From the flyer:

Registration is $15 and ends at 11:30am. Dash plaque and goodie bag to first 50 entries. All registrants are eligible for door prizes.

Trophies awarded for the following:
  • Mayor's Choice
  • Police Chief's Choice
  • Fire Chief's Choice
  • Festival Committee Choice
  • Participant's Choice
  • Kids Pick!
In addition to the show, there will be lots of family fun, kids games, a silent auction, food and drinks, and a 50/50 Drawing.

Proceeds will benefit local charities such as the Wounded Warriors, Toys for Tots, and Corvettes Conquer Cancer.

This is a rain or shine event.
3 members will be attending this event:

Old October 2nd   #2
iVolkswagen
iVolkswagen
Kraft Durch Freude

Thumbs up

Just wanna say that this was a pretty great show! I especially like the way they did the awards, so that people could see which car won, and make it more interactive. I wish more shows did it this way!
iVolkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and were able to find it. It was great to see the car running again too.

I missed the awards. So how did they do it that made it so much more interactive?
Old October 2nd   #4
iVolkswagen
iVolkswagen
Kraft Durch Freude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed it, and were able to find it. It was great to see the car running again too.

I missed the awards. So how did they do it that made it so much more interactive?

Haha thanks again for the help! My one complaint would be that the car show entrance was hard to find, and all the festival staff that I asked didnt know where it was either.

But what they did was, get all the winners to line up their cars in front of the announcing table. When they gave out awards, the winning car would drive up to the table and they would present the award. It's a great way for the people to see the winning cars and gives the winner a chance to show it off I've always liked this way of doing it. I mean how many times do you hear "Which car was that??" when awards are being handed out?
iVolkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd   #5
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

Thats definitely a cool idea
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVolkswagen View Post
Haha thanks again for the help! My one complaint would be that the car show entrance was hard to find, and all the festival staff that I asked didnt know where it was either.

But what they did was, get all the winners to line up their cars in front of the announcing table. When they gave out awards, the winning car would drive up to the table and they would present the award. It's a great way for the people to see the winning cars and gives the winner a chance to show it off I've always liked this way of doing it. I mean how many times do you hear "Which car was that??" when awards are being handed out?
I heard a lot of people say it was hard to find, so you definitely weren't the only one. I only knew where to go because of last year. Interesting how people couldn't help with the festival, even staff. That needs to be addressed for sure. I'll pass that onto Madison's head of the festival.

The British car club did an awards presentation like that when they did their very first Eurobrit car show. Definitely neat, but hard to organize for sure. And that's probably why most don't do it. But it is very neat to see. No question who or what car was awarded. Plus, you get to hear it--which to me is half the fun.