Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Hardees Cruise-in at New Hope
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

August 6th 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Hardee's, 10139 Highway 431 S, New Hope, Alabama

From the flyer:

Registration is free and is open to all cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Trophies awarded for the following:
  • Top Chevy
  • Top Ford
  • Top Mopar
  • Top Import
  • Ladies Choice
  • Best of Show and many more
From the discussion thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Cruise to New Hope Hardees Show

August 6, 2011
Meet in back of Hobby Lobby on Carl T. Jones
Time-4:30
Roll out at 5:15

Anyone who wants to cruise is more then welcome. Let me know who wants to roll. Had a few interested. Last cruise was a lot of fun and no one acted inappropriate.

Destination is the New Hope Hardees free show from 6-9.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

There was a small handful of us that met at Hobby Lobby and cruised over to New Hope. It was a short and scenic drive with some nice curves. When we arrived just after 6pm, the parking lot was almost completely full! People were already there as early as 5:15pm.

Even though there was a threat of rain for our area, there was a great turnout for this new cruise-in. It had a lot of the same feel as the old Gurley one. The organizers were overwhelmed with the turnout, filling all the parking spots on one side of the restaurant and then the complete parking lot. Like back in the old Gurley cruise-in days, the only way to get through on that side was via the drive through.

There were some pretty cool door prizes and a 50/50. There were awards for different categories. And since it was free to register, I registered my car...and won! My first show in a filthy dirty bone-stock Porsche Boxster and I win for best import. I humbly accepted the award, but my pick for best import would have been the right-hand-drive Toyota Levin fresh over from Japan. There's a silly picture of me with my award, and probably an even sillier one of me taking that picture.

I had fun as I think everyone there did. See everyone next time!

Old August 7th   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Y'all are welcome for setting up that nice cruise I couldn't even make! Haha! Missing a black Z and Black Evo. Man looked like a great turnout though and the cars looked awsome! Maybe one day we need to set up a straight "cruise" or something.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #3
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Your new nickname is "Showflake"
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #4
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

SHOFLKE will need to be my new tag haha

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Y'all are welcome for setting up that nice cruise I couldn't even make! Haha! Missing a black Z and Black Evo. Man looked like a great turnout though and the cars looked awsome! Maybe one day we need to set up a straight "cruise" or something.
This was definitely fun. It was good to put faces to the screen names.

I've arranged cruises in the fall time, but these were literally just cruises with some spirited driving, but not enough to cause trouble.