Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

1st Annual Automotive Muscle Night Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
claystewart
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

October 1st 04:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Athens Towne Center Plaza, 611 Hwy 72 W, Athens AL 35611 in the parking lot directly in front of Riviera Fitness Center of Athens
Contact: Clay Stewart, 256-990-3401, clasystewart@tcrsoft.com, 611 Hwy 72 W Athens, AL, 35611

From the flyer and original event posting:

Registration is $10 in advance, $15 day of the show. First 30 registered will receive a free Riviera Fitness or Riviera MMA T-shirt and a free 1 month membership to either co-ed Riviera Fitness location. There will be raffle prizes given out every hour and vendors will be on site. Trophies will be awarded to the top 2 winners in each of the following classes:
  • Antique Car and Truck
  • Late Model Car/Truck
  • Import Car
  • Modified Car/Truck
  • Best Bike
There will also be mega-trophy awarded to the Best in Show. This is a participant judged show.

In addition to the show, there will be BBQ catered by Bad Boyz BBQ, quarter scale Nascar racing, and a huge blow-up screen which will broadcast NASCAR and SEC football that afternoon and evening.

Proceeds will benefit Helen Marie Young's fight with leukemia. The doctors have not been able to successfully treat her, so they will be hitting her with the strongest radiation treatment available. Please stop by even if it's just for a donation.
2 members will be attending this event:

Old August 16th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post Clay!
Old August 16th   #3
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Man I will try to make it out. I have been so busy I haven't even been able to make it to the gym lol.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th   #4
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Event Changes

There have been some changes for this event! Please see the updated flier. Instead of the Sumo Wrestling Contest we will be having a Quarter-Scale Stock Car Racing Competition! We figured this would be a bigger draw and more fun for everyone involved. Races will beging shortly after 4pm and go into the evening. Car owners/drivers will be coming from across the Southeast, so there should be some very competitive racing. Proceeds from the races and the car show will go to the American Heart Association. We are still looking for vendors and sponsors. If you would like to be a vendor please contact Clay Stewart, Riviera Fitness Owner and main event sponsor, at claystewart@tcrsoft.com. There are no costs to be a vendor as long as you provide a raffle prize. Please pre-register for the event by emailing Clay as well and come make this 1st Annual Show in Athens a success! Cars, Trucks and Bikes are all welcome! This should be a great night for some great food and fun! Bad Boyz BBQ will be there and smoking some great BBQ and sides so come hungry and leave fat and happy!...then come to Riviera Fitness and work it off Come show-off your rides and chill out in the October air at the Towne Center Plaza in Athens AL. Site address is 611 Hwy 72 West, Athens, AL. 35611. Email Clay Stewart or Will Landers for additional directions, questions or to pre-register. Again, Clay Stewart's email address is claystewart@tcrsoft.com and Will Lander's is willlanders88@gmail.com. Thanks and see you there!
claystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th   #5
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

American cancer Society

Proceeds will benefit the American CANCER Society-Not Heart Association. Not that the heart is of any less importance...We just wanted to to help the cancer cause out this time. Thanks and my apologies for the mix-up.
Old September 19th   #6
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

On a bad note the donation will be made in my baby sis name this week she is back in the hospital for round 2 of a worse form of lukemia.I got a smile out of her tonight when I told her of the chairity we was donating to and it would be in her name so please to everyone come out and support this event the donations may end up saving your life or a loved one .cancer has beat my family down chances are most on here have lost someone from it . Thanks will Landers

Last edited by willyplankhead; September 19th at 10:14 PM.
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I hate to hear that Will. She's in my thoughts and prayers. Everyone come out and support the event so she'll have another reason to smile when she sees all the pictures.
Old September 22nd   #8
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Flyer update

Im updating the flyer with Will Lander's sisters info and will post it up ASAP. Everyone please come and support this event for this cause. If you can just stop by and make a donation for a few minutes that would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 22nd   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

And I'll update the flyer on here once you email me the new one. Thank you Clay!
Old September 22nd   #10
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Thanks Samir!
Old September 22nd   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Will and I have been talking about his sister and how bad it is. I hope she'll be okay. The treatments themselves are going to be pretty harsh.
Old September 22nd   #12
claystewart
claystewart
has no status.

Yeah...it's pretty bad sounds like. Hopefully this will lift her spirits some
Old September 22nd   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I hope so too.
Old September 22nd   #14
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystewart View Post
Yeah...it's pretty bad sounds like. Hopefully this will lift her spirits some

I prayed for her. I will be there to support this event also. I know how cancer can be. I have done chemo for 7 years and I am still standing. It gets really hard at times. The hardest part is the stress on the family and spouses. I hope she feel stronger soon. Keep up the good fight.
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th   #15
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

It's going to be top 2 in 8 classes with one best of show so please come out for a great time this Saturday

Last edited by willyplankhead; September 26th at 08:51 PM.
Old September 28th   #16
Don 79 TA
Don 79 TA
has no status.

WOW
there is so much going on Saturday the 1st
its actually getting to confusing to decide what to do

you have the madison street festival
new hope
whisky run in TN
henceville
this one
the ford show
and probably a few others missed
Don 79 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th   #17
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 79 TA View Post
WOW

you have the madison street festival
new hope
whisky run in TN
henceville
this one
the ford show
and probably a few others missed
this one is in the eve so its easy to hit 2 events that day gona be nice out this Saturday!!!!!
Old September 28th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 79 TA View Post
WOW
It is confusing to say the least.

Lots of great events, and there's not enough cars for them all. Some will be bigger than others, but there will be winners and losers due to having a lot of these at the same time.

The good thing is that this one doesn't conflict with anything other than a cruise-in that's almost an hour away from it. And if you're already in Athens, Decatur, or Courtland, this event is a logical choice for your evening activity.
Old September 30th   #19
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

Well I hope to see a lot of friends tomorrow eve don't forget to bring s coat
Old October 1st   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote: