Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Madison Jet-Pep Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

August 17th 06:00 PM to 10:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Jet Pep, 7850 Highway 72 W, Madison, AL 35758-9558

From Jeff's July 2011 listing:

"Some of us are gonna cruise the Jet-Pep again this Wed night (20th) around 6, would like to see us start it up again, not real sure why we stopped unless it was the cold weather, we were starting a good thing and it just stopped. Ya'll come out if you can, if its a decent turnout maybe we can keep it going at least once or twice a month? i think we can easily park 30-35 cars w\o interferring w business or blocking the pumps. Oh, HELLO Samir i'm back! "

And from Jeff's original listing:

"I got owner permission to start a small cruisein at the Jet Pep on Hwy 72 in Madison next to KFC. All he ask was that the pumps and entrance not be blocked, no trash in the parking lot. its not a very big spot but may hold 25-30 vehicles, 6 of us met there last Wednesday night and had a few spectators, if its a success i may be able to secure Discovery Middle School parking lot (hughes rd) if more rods start showing up. We can cruise the 1st and last Wednesday night of the month till its to cold. All thoughts and comments are welcome!"

If you loved the old Dairy Queen cruise-in, you'll love this cruise-in. It has the same feel of a nice night out among friends, new and old.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A great night at Jetpep with a good variety of cars. Lots of cars just passing through too.

We got hooked up on KFC chicken livers and I tried my first one--not bad. I also discovered that the fins on a 60 Biscayne makes a really great picnic table or makeshift desk.

There were some unique happenings there too like seeing the wheels that were on the Land Rover in the movie 'Cars 2' in real life:

And John's Biscayne re-defining 'beat':

I loved the mix of cars, and Steve, PowerKraut, and myself brought back an old DQ tradition--staying until the lights went out. See everyone next time!

Old August 27th   #2
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt
is looking for an s10 or '82-92 camaro body

When is the next cruise-in? I spoke with my wife and talked her into meeting me at the next one with her '91rs Camaro that we bought, and I'll be there in my ol '81z28. This will be her 1st cruise-in with her own car and I hope she takes a liking to it. The atmosphere there was the most laid back and chilled of any other event I've ever attended.

I loved this event last year but advancement at work has really killed my freetime this year.

Last edited by Outlaw77lt; August 27th at 03:45 AM.
Outlaw77lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I believe the next one is next week on the 31st. It will be great to see you again. I was wondering where you had gone. I think the wife will love it.