Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Ride and Remember
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

September 11th 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Meet at Rocket Harley-Davidson, 15100 Highway 20 W, Madison, AL 35756

From the flyer:

Join us for a Ride to Honor the Victims, their Families, and Our Heroes from this Memorable Day.

Guided ride to Daughtry Gap. Free coffee and doughnuts at 9am, kickstands up at 10am.

More information on this event as it becomes available.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

The day started out a bit cool with a chance for rain, but as the sun broke through the clouds, it warmed up into a great riding day.

I arrived before Rocket Harley was even open, and met a few riders that did the same. There was a slow trickle of riders coming in, and soon the parking lot was almost as full as yesterday's Semper Fi ride.

The question I kept getting asked was, "Where's Daughtry Gap? I hadn't heard of it either and only saw some comments on the Internet to even have a clue where it was. When I had a chance to ask someone about it, I discovered that they were changing the ride location since this was a big group and there's a lot of curves on Daughtry Gap. It must be like a mild version of Deal's Gap.

It always amazes me how many riders also are into cars. I was tapped on my shoulder while talking to a new friend by Jarrell fully dressed in leathers head to toe. Now, I know Jarrell from car shows and whose entire family owns Camaros--I would've never imagined him on a bike. But that just shows how we all love wheels and motors.

It was his first group ride, and he was meeting a friend to ride with in the group. Group riding takes a bit more skill than riding solo as I read on the Trail of Tears website, and the ride leaders did a great job of addressing this.

The pre-ride meeting was big, and ended in a moment of prayer accompanied with a bugle. I attempted to capture this on video, but the sound of traffic on 565 made for a lot of background noise. The somber moment reminded us all why we were here.

As I was taking pictures, I noticed someone from Rocket Harley doing the same. It was Audrey, and she was using a Canon Rebel t2i--the same camera I use for filming TopEnd.tv. She didn't know too much about the camera, so I showed her a couple of settings that would help her get the shot. I only wish I could have equipment this capable--she got a shot of every rider as they left, while I had to get one of every other rider. But what I got, I'm really happy with.

On my way home after the ride, I found an antique tractor with an American flag parked in someone's yard. I think it's a great symbol of the patriotism in our area--wheels, motors, America--God bless us!
1 members will be attending this event:

There are no replies to show.