Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Wellness and Wheels Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
mboxtyger  
September 10th 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Mayfair Church of Christ, 1095 Carl T. Jones Dr, Huntsville, AL, 35802
Contact: Kathryn Yeager, (256) 881-1575, kathryn@briggschiro.com

From the flyer:

Registration is $15 day of the show and $10 in advance. Plaques will be awarded for the following:
  • Best Stock
  • Best Modification
  • Best in Show
Proceeds will be donated to the charity Shannon's House. This show is part of the wellness fair, so there will be things to see and do.

More information on this event as it becomes available.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

As I made my way from Rocket Harley to 565 and enjoyed the perfect top down weather. I saw a nice classic Mercedes driver with the same idea.

And then I bumped into Steve who was on his way to the same event. And then we bumped into a BMW Z8. And he was driving it the way I used to drive.

I couldn't get a good picture, so I stayed with him until he unexpectedly stopped at his destination. Very nice gentleman and beautiful car. I didn't realize they had fully LED tail lights even back then.

And during the Z8 pursuit, I had spotted this pristine 1984 turbo Z car in my rearview mirror.

And then as I turned around to head back towards the car show, I saw a nice SRT8 Challenger. I love our scene.

Considering all the football and out of town events, the turnout for this first-time event was good. And what there was missing in quantity was made up with quality.

After quickly covering the event, I was able to relax a bit and talk with Dave, who has a new Fisker Karma on order. His friend entered a new 370z 40th Anniversay edition in the show, and had a chance to drive the Karma. He wasn't able to really drive it too hard, but he did mention that the brakes were great. Dave and I talked about all sorts of things like regenerative braking and water reclaimation systems. Once Dave gets his car, hopefully next month, we'll do a full review on his Signature Edition Fisker Karma. This is a limited production version of the Fisker Karma that I believe will be talked about by enthusiasts and collectors for decades to come.

The event planners intend to make this a yearly event tying in with their annual health screening fair, so look for it on the calendar a lot sooner next year. And possibly a different date/time to avoid the football and other events conflict. See everyone next time!
2 members will be attending this event:

Old September 8th   #2
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator