Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old August 26th   #1
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Bristol or Bust

Well I am sittin here in a RV motor home in the parking lot of my office. Man, I love wireless internet capability... Anyway, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Seriously, ask Kerry. Everything went ok until after we picked up the RV. The other lady with the tickets that was going decided to cancel...but she allowed us to have the tickets anyway (a big thank you to her) and she is going to try her best to come up tomorrow before the race. So then, as I am stopping to get Jennie something for lunch I am sitting at a light waiting to turn left...the traffic is clear, so I press the gas pedal down only to hear a huge *POP* The weld on my 4-link to my rear end on my truck broke loose. I sat in the middle of the road for about 45 minutes while waiting on the rollback to get there. We waited around and loaded it up on the back and took a trip to Limestone county to drop it off to get it fixed. We get back to the house after dropping it off, and start loading up...wow its hot...then we take all our stuff over to my grandmothers where we find out that when she said she had less stuff than we had she was lying...big time. LMAO So after we loaded up the remnants from the winn dixie sales...and i mean just about all of them, we're finally on the road...well not really...we just made it to north parkway. Now here comes the punchline...we were leaving this afternoon at 2:30pm SHARP! Its 5 til 8...we might make it by race time tomorrow night, if we're lucky...
Old August 27th   #2
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
yea that did suck!....those u bolts really work wonders I guess thats why GM puts em on there from the factory

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Man, that really sucks! Well, try to enjoy it when you get there.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th   #4
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Jay Mack you got some luck, But forget about it and try and have some fun anyway.
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th   #5
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Jay Mack If I knew you were wanting tickets I had 4 on row 2.I got them from a company out of nashville with a franchise here who gives them to associates. I gave them away friday.If I get any more given to me I will let you know.
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9racer
Jay Mack If I knew you were wanting tickets I had 4 on row 2.I got them from a company out of nashville with a franchise here who gives them to associates. I gave them away friday.If I get any more given to me I will let you know.
Now that's something to auction away!
Old August 27th   #7
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

I will try to do that next year. But the problem is I have not had any bids on the auction I am having now to support the board. Come on Boys and Girls lets support the board and join in on the auction. all proceeds to the board.thank you...
Old August 31st   #8
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
I appreciate the offer. I took some great pictures, if ya'll want to see them I can get them to Samir and put them on the site. We had a wonderful time in Bristol...the headaches that we all had to go thru in order to get there was worth it. I know this: next time I go to Bristol I will be carrying a 4 wheeler, golf cart, or electric wheelchair. Those hills walking up to the track itself are AWFUL!!! My legs are still sore, and its Wednesday! Anyway, we had a great campsite and it was a lot of fun watching all the drunk people. We were only 1/4 mile from the track which was actually pretty close seeing as how you couldnt park close to the track. The only stressful part was riding with my grandmother on the way up there. I dont think we actually stayed in our lane more than 5 minutes the entire trip. Ever been sea sick in a vehicle? Well you would have been if you went with us. We hit re-tread at 70 mph. Almost sideswipe numerous 18 wheelers...I'm tellin you, I was just sore frim being tensed up!
Old August 31st   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, what a trip! Get the pictures ready on CD and I'll pick them up when you're ready.
Old August 31st   #10
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Jay mack you let grand ma drive. I needed a ride from smuts shop one day. I rode with her, jeff and your mom about 30 yrs ago and scared the s#*t out of me. do like she did in the past hire a off dity cop to drive.
Old August 31st   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Jay mack you let grand ma drive. I needed a ride from smuts shop one day. I rode with her, jeff and your mom about 30 yrs ago and scared the s#*t out of me. do like she did in the past hire a off dity cop to drive.
lmao aint that the truth!!! Whats your name, and I will mention you to her.
Old August 31st   #12
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

S$#T Jay.. k9 as in race car number......I thought you would figured it out by now...... its.... Bobby...
Old August 31st   #13
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
S$#T Jay.. k9 as in race car number......I thought you would figured it out by now...... its.... Bobby...
I'm stupid...or tired...how ya been?? lol
Old September 1st   #14
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

How was the race Jay did you get to see Labron James cause I heard he was there.
Old September 1st   #15
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoturLS
How was the race Jay did you get to see Labron James cause I heard he was there.
Yeah I saw him. I even tried my best to get a good picture. The race was wonderful. We even rented some scanners so we could listen to all the radio traffic from the drivers. It was great...and there's a lot more bumping, rubbing, beating, banging, etc. that you don't ever see on TV. Either that or...that was just Bristol.
Old September 1st   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Bristol is so narrow and so short. There was a Nascar video game out in the late 1990s and I was trying to beat everyone on every track at 100%. I won at Michigan after a 2:30 race and Charlotte after 3hrs and 2 spins that almost cost me the race. But I could never get past 10 laps at Bristol without hitting someone. I couldn't get the setup on the car right either. I was just too loose.
Old September 1st   #17
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

They usually give you a good setup anyway whenever you just use the defaults...but all you have to do is look online and use people's setups that they post. I havent ever tried to play on 100% yet, I just dont have the time really, but I will tell you this...the difference between actually racing at the track, and racing on a video game is this...the pause button. LoL
Old September 1st   #18
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

My dad always goes to the California speedway they get to stay in the infield all weekend he says it can get pretty wild and the noise is almost unberable.
Old September 1st   #19
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoturLS
My dad always goes to the California speedway they get to stay in the infield all weekend he says it can get pretty wild and the noise is almost unberable.
Yeah, the noise is unbearable. Much louder than the local tracks here. I went to the infield in Talladega a few years back...man that was one wild party.
Old September 1st   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Infield at Talladega is crazy. My young 5-year old cousin got flashed by a girl in a limo. His dad covered his eyes--my cousin moved his hand.