Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old September 21st   #1
gargamel
gargamel
has no status.

Maxwell AFB AE86 Driver..

* Your first name
Alex
Here I am with a couple fuglies at HIN Pleasanton,Ca, im a pacific islander(guam) lost in bama.

* How did you find out about Huntsville Car Scene, and what inspired you to register?
alabamadrift.com i live in montgomery and need some local friends, I HAVE NONE!!!!

* What's the significance of your user name?
no significance, just picked something dumb(gargamel=old bad guy in the smurfs)

* What type of vehicle(s) do you own?
GGP IS300 and Kouki AE86 coupe(my 8th 86)

* Post some pictures of your vehicles(s)
My Graphite Gray Pearl IS300 is just a daily driver, my wife drives it a lot!
lowered on rsr springs, 6k hids, blacked out grill and rear L(deleted the rest),led dome light, drl mod w/yellow bulbs, 1500 watts on a single kicker cvx 12, awesome potenzas(160 treadwear), k&n filter and little things around the car. it's just a nice daily!!!

I bought the AE86 in April for $600 bux and the guy towed it to my house on base! did a few things since then. auto to manual swap, 4age block(stronger dual cam block stronger internal and higher compression) still using 4ac head(single cam) until my twincam head/dual carb setup is complete, lowered on blues and trd 8k/6k springs, apexi exhaust, canadian kmh cluster(jdm only goes to 180kmh and does not have mph conversion, canadian goes to 240kmh with conversion.), gunmetal supra rims, gts front plastics, nardi wheel w/t3 extended hub, razo pedals and a gts 4.3 lsd rear end...

i have a cousin in florida and we're working on a few cars to mess with!
another ae86 with ka24de
s13-ka24de
fwd turbo talon-for sale(cheap)
370z

my red kouki coupe with a jdm hicomp i had to sell before i moved here.

* What's your favorite activity to do with your vehicle(s)?
I'm from San Francisco NORCAL and love canyon carving, been drifting for a while but do not compete anymore so EMPTY industrial lots are my thang. I used to go most of the NorCal Bay Area meets and I'm well known there, it sucks not having a place to chill here!
*the milpitas ranch99 meets! hundreds of people and a ton of different car clubs in different sections, this is the ae86 section..

Joined this site to see whats going on in Alabama, Event Info and to meet ANYONE IN MONTGOMERY!!!!!! I hate this place! enough people to have a decent import meet every weekend but nobody meets up wtf???!!!!!

Last edited by gargamel; September 21st at 01:57 PM.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, welcome Alex. My condolences that you had to move from the car cultural center of the world to here. But it's not that bad once you find some new friends. That being said, I guess there needs to be a Montgomery Car Scene.com because most of us are here in North Alabama. But you're welcome to come chill with us anytime.

My brother lives in SF in the city, and I can feel the car scene all around me when I visit, but have no idea where to go. Post more pics of what's going on and where! I'll try to hit some of that up when I'm visiting him.

And it's not much, but we have an informal weekend meets kinda like the Milpitas, but smaller at the Staples in Madison. But there's no permission or anything, so it could move at any time. We've had these going on since I got started in the car scene here back in 2001.

There is a drift scene here in Huntsville, but there are no formal events, and the law is very strict on street drifting, so I wouldn't even try it up here. I really like that Alabama Drift has the old SCCA lot in Birmingham and is putting on events. That's the way to really get in some quality seat time. There's been talk of creating a private drift club here in Huntsville, but I don't know if it will materialize.
Old September 21st   #3
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Welcome, Cool T shirt and a very nice collection. The girls were also nice, but barely noticed. Ha
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st   #4
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Welcome man! Nice rides! I stay in Huntsville but make trips to Birmingham/Chelsea, AL area with the wife to see the Mother-n-law. There will be Import Face Off in Montgomery I think Nov. 3rd. Some of us go from here. I can usually get 10 or more from Huntsville area to go can caravan down. You should hit us up there.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st   #5
gargamel
gargamel
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Wow, welcome Alex. My condolences that you had to move from the car cultural center of the world to here. But it's not that bad once you find some new friends. That being said, I guess there needs to be a Montgomery Car Scene.com because most of us are here in North Alabama. But you're welcome to come chill with us anytime.

My brother lives in SF in the city, and I can feel the car scene all around me when I visit, but have no idea where to go. Post more pics of what's going on and where! I'll try to hit some of that up when I'm visiting him.

And it's not much, but we have an informal weekend meets kinda like the Milpitas, but smaller at the Staples in Madison. But there's no permission or anything, so it could move at any time. We've had these going on since I got started in the car scene here back in 2001.

There is a drift scene here in Huntsville, but there are no formal events, and the law is very strict on street drifting, so I wouldn't even try it up here. I really like that Alabama Drift has the old SCCA lot in Birmingham and is putting on events. That's the way to really get in some quality seat time. There's been talk of creating a private drift club here in Huntsville, but I don't know if it will materialize.

Samir,
near sf people meet up at westlake shopping center in daly city or the starbucks on gellert in daliy city. you can always cruise embarcadero, broadway,market etc..

if you drive a little down the 280 you can go to the milpitas meet at ranch99 aka mccarthy ranch or quicly's meet.

i tried to log onto alabamadrift and i think they're down?!?!?!

when you visit you have to run page mill or calaveras rd, just look it up!!

i have never tried to autocross but i would like to try it!! i should be able to compete by late spring next year!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!
Old September 21st   #6
gargamel
gargamel
has no status.

oh and thanks! i love that shirt!!!

i was at the IFO earlier this year and i'll be at the one in november!!!
Old September 22nd   #7
Wheel Fix It
Wheel Fix It
Is spinning wheels!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Wow that's a car scene I would like to see some time in my life!!! Lol but welcome to the site!
Huntsville, Al 35816
256-830-9992
Monday-Friday
8am-5pm
Wheel Fix It is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4age, ae86, gts, montgomery