Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old August 29th   #1
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Trail of Tears

I just ran across this information while looking for something else. It should prove useful to find out more about the event.
http://www.madisonal.com/asp/detail....emorative+Ride
http://www.al-tn-trailoftears.org/
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th   #2
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

It is amazing how this event is so publicized and shuts down Huntsville. I live out on 72 and they always end up shutting it down for like half a day. To me riding a motorcycle let it be crotch rocket to a cruiser on the "trail" that is now a highway does not comemorate the torture that many many people endured. My wife and I both do have some Indian in our past family members my grandfather was half blooded Cherokee if he was alive today he would not be happy with the way this "Trail" is used.

It is good to share the history of what happened but how do Motorcycles fit in to the hole thing.

This is just my oppinion and you can take it anyway you want.
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th   #3
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Interesting perspective. I guess the "iron horse" is symbolic for the transportation used at the time. But I know they didn't have a large party full of debauchery at the end of the journey, so I'm not sure where that comes from.
Old August 30th   #4
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Well from what I saw last year it was all about riding and drinking not really the History of the trail.

I have never been to Daytona Bike week but a buddy told me what happens here in Huntsville is like that just on a smaller scale with more driving.
Old August 30th   #5
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

That seems to be the case with a lot of events. Why are there more checkpoints and DUIs during the Christmas holidays?
Old August 31st   #6
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Because it is Human Nature to take a special event and turn it into an all out party fest, don't get me wrong I like to party but some people can over do it at times.
Old August 31st   #7
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoturLS
Because it is Human Nature to take a special event and turn it into an all out party fest, don't get me wrong I like to party but some people can over do it at times.
Can't be human nature because I see a lot of people who don't make a holiday an excuse to get completely trashed. I guess it comes back to a few people that will do that whatever the case may be.
Old August 31st   #8
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

maybe not human nature but one bad apple can spoil a bunch.
Old August 31st   #9
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
I have no arguments with it. Sure, the meaning gets lost, but then again so many things that we "celebrate" these days aren't celebrated because of the meaning anymore. Everything has become commercialized. Christmas ain't Christmas anymore, its just a stressful shopping spree - not to mention you can't even call it Christmas anymore!!! (Society insisting that people be politically correct OFFENDS ME! Remember when back in the day you could say what you wanted to - freedom of speech or something like that...) Thanksgiving seems to be just a reason for everyone that you're closely related to to get together and stuff yourself until you cant breathe, then watch football til you fall asleep. Halloween was always a chance for kids to go out and trick-or-treat...but now you have to worry about your kids being snatched up or poisoned with the candy...not to mention the "dark" beliefs some people have. QUIT TRYING TO COMPLICATE THINGS with trying to say there are hidden meanings behind a holiday/celebration/tribute, etc. and just take it at face value...and keep the morals that the aforementioned holiday/celebration/tribute, etc. were founded. Other holidays that aren't necessarily appreciates are Flag day (yes the flag means something!), 4th of july has just become a fireworks show rather than celebrating the birth of our nation - 30 years ago we really didnt have all the problems we do now...they are trying to take God out of our schools, yet people came here looking for religious freedom...and you wonder why everything is going downhill?? Makes me want to ask this question - where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?
(sorry, i got on a rant...)
Old August 31st   #10
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

haha...some good points Jay. I guess this post is to make up for you not being on here the last few days.
Old August 31st   #11
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Mostly made up of RUBs ( Rich Urban Bikers} who only wear harley authorized clothes and accesorys for their trailer queen bikes. Very few hard core riders on the trail. And on the down side riders with very limited experence. makes for a unsafe situation. keep the rubber side down and the paint up.ride safe..Its a party and most of the group could care less about all the people who died.
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st   #12
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Jaymack I almost started to fall asleep readin that post HA HA.

K9racer you have hit the nail on the head last year I found a place where they hadn't blocked the road so I ended up in the trail ride and once I got on to 565 there were crotch rockets doing stunts on a wide open freeway and racing by me at over 100MPH and this is the reasone I feel so strong about this as being disgaced. If they want to honor the Indians that lost their life do so in a parade like downtown instead of shutting down a major interstate for showboaters No disrespect to the 256 north guys cause they do their stuff in a show form not a showoff form.
Old August 31st   #13
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
haha...some good points Jay. I guess this post is to make up for you not being on here the last few days.
You got that right. lol I could have kept on, but I had to go to the jail. lol
Old September 1st   #14
dbatesphoto
dbatesphoto
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to dbatesphoto Send a message via MSN to dbatesphoto Send a message via Yahoo to dbatesphoto
When the ride first started up it was die hard bikers that truly did want to commemorate the trail, but as it grew a lot of the meaning did get lost and it has become one big party and extremely dangerous. How many were injured this past year? I believe a few were even killed. The events that have been spawned from it does do a lot of good, but I am afraid if they have as many wrecks this year it may very well be the last year for it.
dbatesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st   #15
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I don't really know how many were hurt or died last year. If this is the last year for this it would be good to see them do something to show respect like I said earlier like a parade or some kind of festival down town where they do Big Spring Jam.