Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

View Poll Results: Why Do You Visit Huntsville Car Scene.com?
For the Events Calendar 14 27.45%
For the Pictures and Videos 23 45.10%
For the Forum 9 17.65%
I don't visit 2 3.92%
Other (post details) 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 7th   #1
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Why Do You Visit the Site?

So why do you visit Huntsville Car Scene.com?
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th   #2
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

is this a question more for unregistered quests ?
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th   #3
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Nah, it's a question for everyone. It came to me in a dream the other night, lol.
Old September 7th   #4
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of this site. I was quite impressed with the pasion he had for this hobby of ours. I think its a great site for all of us in huntsville to keep up with what is going on in our area.I would like to thank Samir for the time and money he has put in for all of us to enjoy.
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th   #5
NeonCWB
NeonCWB
has no status.

cause i got no place else to go lol j/k like K9 said its a great place to find out and keep up with events and stuff i like seein the pics of the shows im unable to attend also
NeonCWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th   #6
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Thank you both for the kind words. It's definitely a labor of love. I just did some quick calculations on how much time I'm spending on the site and it comes out to well over 60 hours a week. And can you believe I'm still not finished with the site. Much more to come...
Old September 8th   #7
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
well samir ive been comin to the site since the original hsv.streetracing.org i think it was...I found that there was a site for local enthusiasts to come and see pics of their rides at local shows and I thought that was freakin awesome...soon as you started this new forum and I herd about it I instantly joined...its really good to have an events calendar to look at cause I was soo sick of tryin to keep up w/ when and where and what time the next show was..it was racking my brain...samir I think its really cool what you do...your helping a lot of people out by posting their show and definitely up the attendance w/ the forum members and their friends..and also your not bias on the pics you take at shows so it boosts some peoples self esteem when they get to see their ride on the net whether its got 500 or 50,000 dollars invested into it

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th   #8
HOSS429
HOSS429

more site benefits

with the ending of the show and cruise scene coming near . we can co ordinate from time to time get togethers of our own by simply getting on line and agreeing to meet at such and such joint even on thru the gloom of winter. there will be decent days some times as i used to play golf year round.
Old September 8th   #9
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2loS10
well samir ive been comin to the site since the original hsv.streetracing.org i think it was...I found that there was a site for local enthusiasts to come and see pics of their rides at local shows and I thought that was freakin awesome...soon as you started this new forum and I herd about it I instantly joined...its really good to have an events calendar to look at cause I was soo sick of tryin to keep up w/ when and where and what time the next show was..it was racking my brain...samir I think its really cool what you do...your helping a lot of people out by posting their show and definitely up the attendance w/ the forum members and their friends..and also your not bias on the pics you take at shows so it boosts some peoples self esteem when they get to see their ride on the net whether its got 500 or 50,000 dollars invested into it
Thank you for the words. I can't believe you've been along that long! That's almost 2 years ago!

One of the hardest things I do is maintain the events calendar. There are sooo many sites in the local area and local activities. I'm actually missing events every so often because I don't have time to keep up with email or all the other sites as I would like to. It's really great when I see a new event awaiting moderation that all I have to do is validate and it gets posted. I highly encourage everyone to post events to the calendar--it actually saves me a lot of time.

You know, I've taken a lot of smack for having a non-biased view of the scene. But I believe in having an appreciation for the effort involved in a vehicle, whether or not I personally would have gone in the same direction or not. This also expands my challange as a photographer, learning to capture things I may not understand without an innate appreciation for the subject. And from the compliments on the pictures, I think I'm getting it right.

Every magazine will take pictures of the nicest, most expensive, generally accepted vehicle. But there's also that guy that on a budget and with hard work has put together an exceptional vehicle that is driven everywhere--this site is for that person.

This view of the scene is the main reason I split from hsvracing.com after they approached me about creating one site for the entire scene. I didn't want a site where anyone felt oppressed, intimidated, or generally not welcome because of a class, creed, or opinion. Granted, it may not make my site the most active in Huntsville. But it definitely is the friendliest and most welcoming with some of the best people I know.
Old September 8th   #10
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
with the ending of the show and cruise scene coming near . we can co ordinate from time to time get togethers of our own by simply getting on line and agreeing to meet at such and such joint even on thru the gloom of winter. there will be decent days some times as i used to play golf year round.
The Dairy Queen cruise-in actually runs all year round, so we can all meet out there and freeze our butts off, lol.
Old September 8th   #11
dbatesphoto
dbatesphoto
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to dbatesphoto Send a message via MSN to dbatesphoto Send a message via Yahoo to dbatesphoto
Main reason I visit is to keep tabs on upcoming events, but I also do love the forum and seeing photos from shows that I have not been able to get to.
dbatesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th   #12
HOSS429
HOSS429

barry said it best

we visit because barry the car polish guy said we were all KAR KRAZY
Old September 9th   #13
Billy
Billy
has no status.

For it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th   #14
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
For it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should've made that an option, lol.
Old September 11th   #15
SoftBatch
SoftBatch
has no status.

Same here All of the above, expecially for the local get togethers and events.

BTW Samir have you posted any pics from Dairy Queen last week??
SoftBatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th   #16
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

I'm actually working on copying the files from the memory cards right now. That's the first step.

The second is resizing everything and copying it to the web server.

Then the final (and most time consuming step) is to review all the pictures and videos, deleting stuff not to be posted, and post the pictures with the event listings.

On average it takes me about 1hr per event from start to finish. I have 9 events to process right now. So that's 9 hours of work. I hope to be finished by tommorrow evening.
Old September 12th   #17
SoftBatch
SoftBatch
has no status.

Wow, Thanks for your hard work Samir
SoftBatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th   #18
HOSS429
HOSS429

i signed up for a nationwide forum or two earlier in the year and immediately found them to be nuthing more than a cuss and slam fest that i have not been back to since. we have the best thing out there now and i will be happy for samir when he has to hire help to manage it. it will get that big if we keep feeding it
Old September 12th   #19
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftBatch
Wow, Thanks for your hard work Samir
I actually work harder than I ever did when I had a job, but I'm less tired and look forward to each day.
Old September 12th   #20
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i signed up for a nationwide forum or two earlier in the year and immediately found them to be nuthing more than a cuss and slam fest that i have not been back to since. we have the best thing out there now and i will be happy for samir when he has to hire help to manage it. it will get that big if we keep feeding it
You know that's even how a lot of forums (including one local one) operate. It brings in a lot of traffic and makes them seem busy, but there's really nothing useful there to those of us that are actually serious.

It's one of the reasons major Internet advertising agencies won't advertise on forums no matter what the traffic--they realize that those type of forums may have quantity, but they lack quality.

And that's why I set out to make a site where that is not the case. And I see it starting to happen in the forum world a lot more now. Some people like those rough sites, but the rest of us like to be friendly.

I'm really glad to have everyone here that regularly visits this site and participates in the forums. I think we've got a lot of great folks that make this scene great.