Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old October 29th   #1
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!

Little Grudge Race from tonight...

don't worry, its legal, lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-0wUtJOLaU

my 2010 Camaro SS with x-pipe and axleback only(no tune, stock air filter, etc.) vs a Honda S2000 with with Torsen 4:10, Invidia 2.5 inch test pipe, Comptech Paxton 1000 supercharger, air-water intercooled with 1 gallon reserve,12 psi 3.4 inch pulley, AEM V2 ECU w/ tuning from Trackmasters, I.D. 1000cc injectors, ACT HD pressure plate, new oem disc. Car put down 358whp, but only 208 ft-lbs of torque..

and its a AP1 and he has probably the worst case of wheel hop I have ever seen with a car, so bad, I wouldn't even begin to know where to start giving advice on the fix it, lol... I have a LITTLE... minor, drag packs and some sticky tires and mine will be a thing of the past, he's going to need to call in the reserves, lol

ran a 13.2 to his 13.7, talked to a guy with a L99 Camaro as well he told me just a tune would give me 5-6 1/10ths and 3-4mph through the 1/4... I believe it, seems to be the norm
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; October 29th at 02:05 AM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

great launch!
Old October 29th   #3
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama

here is my best slip from the night... not that run, that run the track had started to take a dive, ran a 13.4 in it... Steele pisses me off, they put down VHT at the beginning of the night at Friday and then no more... so you better get there early and make a SOLID run your 1st run on the track, because after 30 cars hit the track, its done for the night.... I had a couple 13.2s, a 13.3 and my worst pass on the night that I DIDN'T have a passenger was a 13.5... with a passenger I still ran a 13.7, lol

not too bad for the stock tune, a tune is alone will net 5-6 1/10ths on a L99 and a CAI and tune are next on my list, followed by headers and a stall...

8.58 through the 1/8th isn't bad at all for pretty much stock

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; October 29th at 02:15 PM.
Old October 30th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Definitely not bad at all. What do you think you could have done with more traction?
Old October 30th   #5
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama

maybe a 1/10th at the most, a little bit of spinning off the line is healthy, i've had cars "Dead Hook" off the line before and run SLOWER than a time where I got a little spinning...

If I can keep the car launching like that, well, i'd be happy, lol

I know that isn't going to happen, with a tune, headers, and a stall its going to need some DRs to see launches like that
Old October 30th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yeah, a little spinning also keeps things from breaking. Of course, too much and things break like a Subaru at the autocross last night. And then there's the possibility of breaking things with drag facials.