Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Chattanooga National Cemetary Cruise
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

November 13th 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Meet at 8:15am at Shell, 1604 Highway 72 E, Huntsville, AL 35811

From the web site:

"This will be our 3rd annual cruise to the Chattanooga National Cemetery as part of our November Veteran's Day observances. We will be laying a wreath in honor of those who have served.

We will meet at the Moore's Mill Shell Station at 8:15am, departing at 8:30am which should allow for arrival at the cemetery during the 11:00 hour. The route will include a run through the "Mini-Tail" from South Pittsburgh over to I-24 to add some fun to the drive.

Lunch will be after the cemetery wreath laying and time for photos."

I can't think of a better event for Veteran's Day weekend.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

An overcast sky greeted a handful Corvettes at the first pickup point. Others were joining the cruise at pickup points along the way.

Lee from Norfolk, England was visiting the UK and was riding in the cruise. He's from near a tiny village called Castle Acre, which is an English Heritage site. He was pointing to Chapman mountain from the Shell, telling me how the entire village was from here to there, and how it could be walked across in just 2 minutes. He described how quiet and serene it is there--nothing like the traffic that buzzed by us as we conversed. Lee has an Astra back home on which he's upgraded the turbocharger. Very cool to meet another enthusiast from the other side of the pond. I'll have to visit Castle Acre sometime. Looks like a really neat piece of English history.

As everyone was getting ready to leave, some police cars fueled up at the Shell. At first, everyone including myself thought they were local. But upon closer examination, one was actually from South Dakota.

And it looks like the other was from Nixa, Missouri.

These guys were a long way from home. I hope they had a safe trip home.

See everyone next time!
1 members will be attending this event:

Old November 17th   #2
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

I know the owner of the old scout...see it on Maysville Road from time to time.
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It was cool to see it just in the midst of all the regular cars...like it was nothing special.
Old November 17th   #4
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

so this is something that happened last weekend ? ..wish i had seen it .. my great grandfather was a civil war prisoner in chattanooga.
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
so this is something that happened last weekend ? ..wish i had seen it .. my great grandfather was a civil war prisoner in chattanooga.
Sure did. It's a yearly event too, so you'll have to come on the next one.