Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old November 10th   #1
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Hyundai Genesis Hurricane SC

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/10/t...ntent=FaceBook

Quote:
There are few things in this realm or the next that can't be cured with the judicious application of forced induction. Just ask the engineers at the Hyundai Technical Center. They were able to take the Hyundai Genesis Coupe and wring more than 450 horsepower from the vehicle's 3.8-liter V6 engine. The result is the Genesis Hurricane SC we saw at this year's SEMA show, and Hyundai has turned out a new video of the high-performance coupe to show off every last detail.

As you may recall, the Hurricane SC is more than a blower. The vehicle features a liquid-to-air intercooler, Bilstein monotube shocks coupled to adjustable ride control springs and Brembo six-piston calipers squeezing cross-drilled rotors. The vehicle also received a full aesthetic makeover to go with its impressive innards: a new front bumper, grille, hood and side skirts.

If you like what you see, you're in luck. Hyundai says that Rhys Millen is planning to produce a range of aero pieces for the Genesis Coupe similar to what's on the Hurricane SC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR1rM...layer_embedded

That thing is awesome!!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yep, and it wasn't the only impressive Hyundai car in their 2013 lineup. There's also a limited edition Rhys Millen version of the Genesis with a v8 if that v6 isn't enough.
Old November 11th   #3
Beckham
Beckham

That was just a concept taken to SEMA. There are no confirmations that Hyundai is going to do that yet. (Although I hope they do)

Old November 11th   #4
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

never thought i'd say Hyundai was making a decent looking pony car. that is a good looking car!

the factory car would be about 1000x cooler if they would of stuffed the V8 from the sedan in it. that is the only area it's really lagging behind in. has nice aggressive looks, i understand they handle pretty well, the interior is decent, and they are right wheel drive. they just don't have the hp to compete in the higher end of that segment.

Last edited by Wilson!; November 11th at 08:59 AM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
That was just a concept taken to SEMA. There are no confirmations that Hyundai is going to do that yet. (Although I hope they do)
The placards they had by the cars presented them as 2013 models, so I'd look for them next year.
Old November 11th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
never thought i'd say Hyundai was making a decent looking pony car. that is a good looking car!

the factory car would be about 1000x cooler if they would of stuffed the V8 from the sedan in it. that is the only area it's really lagging behind in. has nice aggressive looks, i understand they handle pretty well, the interior is decent, and they are right wheel drive. they just don't have the hp to compete in the higher end of that segment.
Neither did I!

What size/power is the engine from the sedan? I think that's what they put in the special edition.
Old November 14th   #7
Wilson!
Wilson!

the sedan has a 4.6L 385hp V8.
i think the Equuis has a ~430hp 5.0.
a 430hp V8 would set this little ride on par! that's Mustang GT/Camaro SS territory.
Old November 14th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
the sedan has a 4.6L 385hp V8.
i think the Equuis has a ~430hp 5.0.
a 430hp V8 would set this little ride on par! that's Mustang GT/Camaro SS territory.
I think that's the v8 they've put in the special edition because I remember looking at the power numbers and not seeing much of a difference from the turbo 6. I'll know for sure when I get all the SEMA coverage posted as I took pictures of the placards as well as the cars.
Old November 14th   #9
Wilson!
Wilson!

from what i've seen the Genesis R-Spec sedan will be getting the 429hp 5.0 not the coupe

the RMR500 concept is a Coupe with a V8, but i don't think anything has be written in stone about them shoehorning the V8 into the coupe chassis.

i wish they would stuff at least the 4.6L into a coupe to push Nissan into finally stuffing a V8 into a Z chassis. a Z chassis with the 5.6 from a Titan? yes sir, a 560Z!

Last edited by Wilson!; November 14th at 01:24 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
from what i've seen the Genesis R-Spec sedan will be getting the 429hp 5.0 not the coupe

the RMR500 concept is a Coupe with a V8, but i don't think anything has be written in stone about them shoehorning the V8 into the coupe chassis.

i wish they would stuff at least the 4.6L into a coupe to push Nissan into finally stuffing a V8 into a Z chassis. a Z chassis with the 5.6 from a Titan? yes sir, a 560Z!
The one I saw looked as production ready as the turbo 6 sitting across from it. I really want to look through all that stuff now.

560z! Reminds me of these two cars I saw at a drift event in 2009, except they had a blower on top of the 5.6:

And they sounded as mean as they looked with both the v8 rumble and the whine of the blower going at the same time:
Old November 14th   #11
Beckham
Beckham

Yeah, the V8 Coupes look production ready, but nothing is confirmed yet. Every autozine says they are just rumors about it actually going into production.

Old November 14th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Yeah, the V8 Coupes look production ready, but nothing is confirmed yet. Every autozine says they are just rumors about it actually going into production.
The placard says it all from what I remember. Hopefully I'll be able to post it by the weekend.
Old November 14th   #13
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

I think the Z cars are finished for good.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th   #14
Wilson!
Wilson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
?
Old November 14th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
As in Nissan is discontinuing them?
Old November 15th   #16
Beckham
Beckham

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/11...sis-coupe.html

2013 Genesis Coupe will boast a 350hp V6 and a 275hp turbo 4cyl. Updated front end (bleh) as well.

Old November 15th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'll post my SEMA 2013 Genesis pics when I've got those ready and we can compare. I think that angle just isn't flattering as it looks about the same as what I remember.

Last edited by Samir; November 15th at 03:37 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote