Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old November 25th   #1
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Corvette Crashes During An AutoCross Event

http://youtu.be/BB-KBaevPqM
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th   #2
G_Horneck
G_Horneck
has no status.

Some people should not be allowed to turn off traction control.
Old November 25th   #3
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Looks like if he would have spun the wheel the opposite way he was sliding (what he didn't do), then he would have just spun out and probably missed the curb.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV

Last edited by Beckham; November 25th at 12:14 PM.
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Horneck View Post
Some people should not be allowed to turn off traction control.
I don't know if traction control was the issue. Sounded like a downshift of some sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Looks like if he would have spun the wheel the opposite way he was sliding (what he didn't do), then he would have just spun out and probably missed the curb.
I think he was well past the point where he could have corrected. Although, if he would have done that and hit the brakes earlier, I think the hit would have been a lot lighter.

I can't believe how close that course was to a hazard. Too close for comfort for me to run on a layout like that.
Old November 27th   #5
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

that was a pretty good lick that car took. Looked like the rear end was broke since the back wheel angle was waaaaay off. I bet he was sore the next am huh. I would have liked to been a fly on the wall when he called his wife and asked for a ride home
Old November 27th   #6
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

That entire course was to dicey for me. I like a lot of room for error. I have bee snake bit hard twice and was OK. I tend to slow if there is obstacles that might hurt my car. Ouch I feel his pain. The insurance man tends to frown on this also. Never race more than you can afford to loose is my rule.
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th   #7
Minichado
Minichado
could use a mental health day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Freeman View Post
That entire course was to dicey for me. I like a lot of room for error. I have bee snake bit hard twice and was OK. I tend to slow if there is obstacles that might hurt my car. Ouch I feel his pain. The insurance man tends to frown on this also. Never race more than you can afford to loose is my rule.
I like your rule. It's surprisingly true, because of videos like this and the insurance man :/

I can't tell if that feature was a finish line or a 180 when he hit the throttle and lost it... any ideas?
Minichado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minichado View Post
I like your rule. It's surprisingly true, because of videos like this and the insurance man :/

I can't tell if that feature was a finish line or a 180 when he hit the throttle and lost it... any ideas?
Yep, I'm right there too. I actually just won't register if I'm not comfortable.

From what I remember, that seemed like it was a finish line.
Old November 28th   #9
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

And here I thought this thread was going to be about one of the last events out at the old airport.

Many of the "low speed" events I've been to in the Corvette club is actually medium/high speed and the course isn't made for it (ie: too much loose dirt/gravel, poles and ditches are too close, etc..).