Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old September 19th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The Huntsville Car Scene.com Cruise-In

There was some discussion on doing one of these, so let's talk about the details. Finding a location probably won't be hard as I know quite a few businesses that would love to host one.

Now, here's the issues that I see need to be overcome for an event like this to be successful:

One, there are already cruise-ins every weekend and even some during the week. There is the regular Dairy Queen cruise-in at the first of the month that is quite successful. Do we really need another cruise-in or should we help make one of the existing ones even better?

Two, will this be a "cruise-in" or a "hang out". There's a big difference and hang outs have too many problems and issues no matter how many rules are created.

Discuss.
Old September 19th   #2
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I think we need to bring all the cruise-ins to one spot and make it huge cause trying to get to all of the diffrent ones all over the place is hard to do with time and gas prices still up there (even tho they are starting to head back down). Like some one said in the other thread put all the same cars all together.
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #3
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
I say lets do it bring em all together or help one out i dont think we need anonther one and i will make it as long as i dont pass out lol
Old September 19th   #4
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
samir I think that this is a good idea..all the other cruise-ins are vehicle specific..ie mustang meets and bike nites...what about like a once a month meet at hooters or something like that maybe during the week...just to get everyone together and hang out and have a good time..also gives all the members a good chance to talk to you and eachother about the site..thats just my .02 though

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think the problem with making one large cruise-in is that most good week days and week ends are taken. The closest thing to that is the cruise-in at Dairy Queen which has no organization affiliation or brand affiliation. I've seen it as large as 80 cars.
Old September 19th   #6
Tha_Blue_Pill
Tha_Blue_Pill
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Tha_Blue_Pill
Well, i think it should be more of a "hang-out" type of thing, just intellegent, mature people who enjoy "all" types of cars whether they be imports or domestics...but in Houston it appears that they have several different hang-outs at SEVERAL different locations...
so even tho dairy queen may be a good one, how about switching it up, and having one somewhere different every weekend, the guys at hsvracing.com have been meeting up at the Sonics at university/jordan, that could be one...

plus i like the fact that they organized it to where similar cars kinda had their own sections, so in order to do something like that, a decent size parking lot has to be available,

when i was in Fa Sho we used to have meetings at CiCi's pizza, and the manager was pretty cool about us being in the parking lot, and there was lots of room...just a suggestion?

How many small doughnut/coffee/smoothie...etc shops are there in huntsville that could be used?

Last edited by Tha_Blue_Pill; September 19th at 02:10 PM.
Tha_Blue_Pill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #7
Tha_Blue_Pill
Tha_Blue_Pill
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Tha_Blue_Pill
They even have posted rules...so for these to be a non-official cruise-ins...or moreso hang outs, they are EXTREMELY organized...i think we're intellegent enought to make this work in hsv...

Quote:
The rules

1) No alcohol of any kind. Let us repeat: NO alcohol. No drugs will be allowed as well.

2) No repetitive revving engines or sounding your car horns. (if just got a new exhaust or something and someone wants to hear how it sounds, thats cool, but to just sit there and rev your car over and over again for no reason, not cool, just stupid, thats just how i feel, i'm sorry

3) No loud music. (please keep it at a low respectful level). Don't attract attention to yourself or others will do the same. Who wants the police to come responding to a complaint about loud music?

4) Please watch your speed as you enter and exit the parking lot from the street. Please be sure to pay attention to how you enter the exit the parking lot. Be alert at all times. Even if you are on the far side of the lot from the meet.

5) Please watch your trash. If you need to throw something away, please place in the dumpsters. Do not leave trash on the ground.

6) There will be a diverse mix of cars and people. This environment is a friendly one. Automotive enthusiast drive many different kinds of cars,and come from many different back grounds. PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS.

7) No street racing at or near the meet or mixing races with the meet.This is a very fast way to lose the meet. We do not condone street racing. We ask you kindly not to do it ANYWHERE near the meet.

8) No burn/peel outs. No reckless driving No drifting or attempts to drift. We all like to show off are new toys,but please don't use that new turbo here.:-)

9) If you want the police off your back, act like you have some sense and stay with in the meet location.

10) Please respect other peoples cars by not leaning or touching them if its not your car.

11) Have fun
Quote:
Teaworks Car Meet Rules and Regulations

1) Support Teaworks, without us supporting them the meet won't last

2) No alcohol of any kind. Let us repeat: NO alcohol. No drugs will be allowed as well.

3) No repetitive revving engines or sounding your car horns.

4) No loud music. (please keep it at a low respectful level). Don't attract attention to yourself or others will do the same. Who wants the police to come responding to a complaint about loud music?

5) Please watch your speed as you enter and exit the parking lot from the street. Please be sure to pay attention to how you enter the exit the parking lot. Be alert at all times

6) Please watch your trash. If you need to throw something away, please place in the trashcans. Do not leave trash on the ground.

7) There will be a diverse mix of cars and people. Please respect each other. There can and may be children at the meet, so please watch your language as well.

8) No street racing at or near the meet or mixing races with the meet.

9) No burn/peel outs. No wreckless driving No drifting or attempts to drift.

10) No scooters, skateboards or anything else that will allow you to quickly get in front of a moving vehicle which may end up causing injury to yourself and others.

11) If you want the police off your back, act like you have some sense and stay within the meet location. You are not a child, You are an adult or young adult. Please act like one. Otherwise, you are a loiterer and potential troublemaker for all of us.

By reading and agreeing to these rules, you also agree that Teaworks shall not be held legally responsible for any bodily harm or damage to a vehicle that could possibly happen while at the car meet.

Lets Keep it safe guys and have a good meet! Remember to support the meet by buying drinks! See you guys there

JohnP
Old September 19th   #8
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

i think any burger joint would be overwhelmed. can we get something on UAH campus. security already on hand . plenty of room for growth. easy safe access on sparkman drive. plenty of fast eats places near on university
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #9
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I think it is a great idea to have a hang out\cruise in!!! The only thing about a cruise in that kinda throws it off is the trophy\judge issue. Most people dont come to the cruise in's cause they think it is a car show and i know alot of people that dont like car shows opposed to hanging out in a parking lot. But i am up for anything on the weekend days I go to work to early in the morning to be doing anything during the week days. Plus most cruise in's are all in madison or somewhere far like that. I know alot of people that come from south pkwy to go to all these cruise in's. We should have one somewhere down here on the south side of town!!! just a thought though, like i said i am down for anything.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri

Last edited by munchie; September 19th at 03:03 PM.
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #10
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
hey samir there is a huge parking lot next to my house it is where an old brunos used to be its on the corner of Oakwood and North Parkway I think it would be ideal parking lot i mean it is freakin huge. That and it is rite on the parkway so alot of people could see us and come to admire
Old September 19th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Blue_Pill
They even have posted rules...so for these to be a non-official cruise-ins...or moreso hang outs, they are EXTREMELY organized...i think we're intellegent enought to make this work in hsv...
I really like these rules. I couldn't have written them better myself. It covers all the things that make things get out of hand.
Old September 19th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i think any burger joint would be overwhelmed. can we get something on UAH campus. security already on hand . plenty of room for growth. easy safe access on sparkman drive. plenty of fast eats places near on university
The only thing is that I don't see that UAH would benefit in any way. They've allowed shows there before, but they're usually yearly, not monthly.
Old September 19th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie
I think it is a great idea to have a hang out\cruise in!!! The only thing about a cruise in that kinda throws it off is the trophy\judge issue. Most people dont come to the cruise in's cause they think it is a car show and i know alot of people that dont like car shows opposed to hanging out in a parking lot. But i am up for anything on the weekend days I go to work to early in the morning to be doing anything during the week days. Plus most cruise in's are all in madison or somewhere far like that. I know alot of people that come from south pkwy to go to all these cruise in's. We should have one somewhere down here on the south side of town!!! just a thought though, like i said i am down for anything.
So far, I'm thinking something similar to what we saw in the Houston link--an organized hang out for people to talk about their cars, show what's been done, take pictures, and enjoy some of the products/services of the local businesses.

I think switching it up every month would be a great idea as well. Too many things are in a great location for some, while awful for others.
Old September 19th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10on20s99
hey samir there is a huge parking lot next to my house it is where an old brunos used to be its on the corner of Oakwood and North Parkway I think it would be ideal parking lot i mean it is freakin huge. That and it is rite on the parkway so alot of people could see us and come to admire
I know that parking lot very well. I grew up right down the street and remember when that actually was a Brunos. But I think that location isn't the best for a cruise-in later in the evening.
Old September 19th   #15
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I would be interested in helping find or plan this type of event. What specifically are you looking for in a location? size, lighting. location, surroundings ect. Are you looking for a business to sponsor or benefit from said events?? food / resturant location?
sixtyfivestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #16
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
#1 I remember when it was Albertson's.
#2 This is starting to sound like the thread where we were talking about getting a place for people to hang out at a month or so ago.

I agree we all need a place to hang out and chill, but the point still stands that it really can't get too large because it can become out of control QUICKLY due to a couple of stupid people that would ruin it for all the rest of us which would make it impossible to get it arranged again. If its too big or causes too much attention, I dont think HPD would allow it...for long.
Old September 19th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, I didn't expect so much feedback on this idea. Keep it coming.

I spoke with vehicular on the phone and he's thinking the same way we are. So even with the limited time I have to put into this, I'm seriously thinking we should put this together and put the Huntsville Car Scene name on it.

Here are my thoughts right now:

Date: recurring quarterly on a weekday (I have an exact day in mind), or maybe monthly if there is enough demand
Time: starting 6p and running until the sponsoring store closes (usually 9pm)
What will be there: a well lit parking lot with a defined area for cars to park ("special" parking area). a 50/50 raffle?. door prizes for the registered cars (no registration fee)?

I think it will also be important to have invitations made. These invitations will look like real fancy invitations with the date, time, and location for the inagural event, with the rsvp on this site. We can put these invites on some of the special cars we all see around the area that we definitely want to come. I also want us to present a special invite to every member of every car club at the club's meeting. This will be a good time to bring everyone and every thing out--car, truck, show, go, up high, or down low, 2 wheels or 4. It would be a snapshot of the entire scene in one place.

But organizing this successfully will take effort from everyone. We'll need to get in touch with some of the organizers from some of the current cruise-ins and recruit their help and expertise.

So, let's start thinking about locations and how to organize everything. Post up ideas and let's get the ball rolling...
Old September 19th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfivestang
I would be interested in helping find or plan this type of event. What specifically are you looking for in a location? size, lighting. location, surroundings ect. Are you looking for a business to sponsor or benefit from said events?? food / resturant location?
Thank you for stepping up to the plate. Glad to have you aboard.

Size will be dependent on how many cars would come to this type of event. Judging by the maximum I've seen at events like this, around 30-80 cars.

Lighting would be important as it would facilitate pictures and general security.

A business would need to sponsor this type of event. Donating door prizes, giving discounts to event participants, etc all add up. There has to be some benefit to the event participants for them to in turn partonize the sponsoring businesses.

A food/restaurant location would be a great location if the parking lot was sufficient. I've already had a few ideas thrown at me and most of them are mall/strip mall type locations. These seem like they can work quite well, especially with the ample, well-lit parking lots.
Old September 19th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
#1 I remember when it was Albertson's.
#2 This is starting to sound like the thread where we were talking about getting a place for people to hang out at a month or so ago.

I agree we all need a place to hang out and chill, but the point still stands that it really can't get too large because it can become out of control QUICKLY due to a couple of stupid people that would ruin it for all the rest of us which would make it impossible to get it arranged again. If its too big or causes too much attention, I dont think HPD would allow it...for long.
This actually wouldn't be a hang out spot. It would actually be an organized event. There will be liability documents to sign to participate. And I think I'd even like HPD to be there.
Old September 19th   #20
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I understand what you are talking about with the couple of bad apples. We had weekly cruises back home with 150-200 cars on wed nights. We had a club that sponsored and ran the event. The police were involved to the extent that if a person was driving or acting in a manner that was out of line the members from the club sponsoring the event would address it with the person or persons...no change on their part and a quick phone was made and the PD would handle it. Harsh?? a little. the event ran three years straight, huge turn outs and very few problems. The sponsoring car club was made up of older car guys and they met with store owners and law enforcement 1st. Being "older" I would be willing to help with this if it helps the cause. On a side note, what did slow it down was when the city counsel decided they knew more about car events than the car clubs. It took them less that a year to shrink the event size to almost half. Nobody truly understands car people like car people.
sixtyfivestang is offline   Reply With Quote