Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 18th   #1
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
the Camaro after the tune:

29 degree weather, so I can't even launch it as hard as I'd like, filmed in mexico:

http://youtu.be/ZJgvx8XzZc8

I think i'm going to break my personal best next time at the track, lol
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; January 18th at 06:39 PM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Seems like it hooked pretty good in first gear considering the weather.

Filmed in Mexico would never hold up in a court of law, so I would just say nothing instead.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th   #3
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
and yeah I got it in motion decent, just had to baby the launch
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th   #4
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
and its not like there is any proof of which municipal this happened in, lol... looking at this site, they wouldn't even be on the same side of the state, lol
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
and yeah I got it in motion decent, just had to baby the launch
Yep, I noticed that while watching the gauges.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
and its not like there is any proof of which municipal this happened in, lol... looking at this site, they wouldn't even be on the same side of the state, lol
Municipality? I thought it was on a dyno in a dark room.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th   #7
BamaMopars
BamaMopars
Mopar or No car!
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 534
The track opens March 3rd
BamaMopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th   #8
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
which one? Huntsville? Steele? i'm wanting to go back to Steele
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th   #9
ray
ray
...
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 936
I'm not familiar with the Camaro but did the mods or the tune really wake it up?

How well do these cars respond to a tune?
__________________
-Ray
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th   #10
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
very well...
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #11
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,826
Throw a 100 shot on that thing and it'd REALLY wake it up.

I highly recommend Harris Speed Works wet kit.

I had bolt ons and a 125 shot on my blue vette and ran consistant 7.40's with 1.9 60 ft times so the car was really capable of low low 7's if i had been willing to leave hard.
__________________
I have a tendency to be "that guy".
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
But there's considerations to running nitrous that you don't have to worry about all-motor.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #13
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
But there's considerations to running nitrous that you don't have to worry about all-motor.
Nitrous has a bad image because of idoit's that have no clue what there doing. With the proper tune nitrous is just as safe if not more safe then other power adders, I would argue that it puts way less stress on a motor then a supercharger. A nice wet kit with a good controller and you could run hundreds of bottles through a stock ls engine with 0 issues..........

People have a lot of reason for hating nitrous but it's mainly because they don't understand it.
__________________
I have a tendency to be "that guy".
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Nitrous has a bad image because of idoit's that have no clue what there doing. With the proper tune nitrous is just as safe if not more safe then other power adders, I would argue that it puts way less stress on a motor then a supercharger. A nice wet kit with a good controller and you could run hundreds of bottles through a stock ls engine with 0 issues..........

People have a lot of reason for hating nitrous but it's mainly because they don't understand it.
That's actually not what I was talking about. I completely agree with you on the safety of nitrous done correctly.

The problem is actually durability. There are a lot of control components that go into a good wet kit, and none of those have the durability testing that manufacturers do on factory parts. So the chances of a solenoid or piece of electronics failing and putting the engine in a dangerous rich/lean condition is higher.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #15
ray
ray
...
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 936
I agree with Nitrous kits getting a bad wrap because installers and even users don't know what they are doing. And we all know the end result is a floor panel falling out


Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
That's actually not what I was talking about. I completely agree with you on the safety of nitrous done correctly.

The problem is actually durability. There are a lot of control components that go into a good wet kit, and none of those have the durability testing that manufacturers do on factory parts. So the chances of a solenoid or piece of electronics failing and putting the engine in a dangerous rich/lean condition is higher.
But in all seriousness I have seen a lot of other alternative kits like methanol injection and even water in lieu of nitrous systems for this reason. And some of the better methanol systems I know have fail safes built in that work together with the tune to avoid the rich/lean issues.

Now I'm not saying the fail safe doesn't exist in the nitrous kits (because I'm sure they do...somewhere) but I seems to me that it is more prevalent in the methanol and water injection kits that I have seen than in the nitrous systems
__________________
-Ray

Last edited by ray; January 24th at 04:26 PM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #16
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
That's actually not what I was talking about. I completely agree with you on the safety of nitrous done correctly.

The problem is actually durability. There are a lot of control components that go into a good wet kit, and none of those have the durability testing that manufacturers do on factory parts. So the chances of a solenoid or piece of electronics failing and putting the engine in a dangerous rich/lean condition is higher.
If your really THAT concerned about durability then I don't think you'd be modding your car in the first place...............
__________________
I have a tendency to be "that guy".
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #17
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 243
Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Very nice!!!
__________________
Tell me when to go!
S10on20s99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
If your really THAT concerned about durability then I don't think you'd be modding your car in the first place...............
I disagree. A lot of modifications last longer than stock, such as bigger brake upgrades or stainless steel exhausts. It doesn't have to be either 'blow up your car because you want it faster' or 'leave it bone stock'. There is room in between you know.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th   #19
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 317
a better video... still on private property

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVi8S...gWCATAN707m9fw

weather was a LITTLE warmer(about 40 degrees) still couldn't launch it hard, but it hits 0-110 in 13.1 seconds with pretty much no launch, lol
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Matte Black stripes
X-pipe only 13.204 @ 105mph
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,926
Pulls strong too!

And I wouldn't state anything about the road/non-road conditions. It could be a dyno for all anyone knows.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G/Z Tune Shops in or near huntsville? 1FLYG General Discussions 16 June 13th 10:10 AM
Test and Tune/King of the Street Samir Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 7 April 20th 12:44 PM
Test and Tune/King of the Street EvilZ Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 22 November 24th 10:41 PM
Precision Tune - warning coupemama General Discussions 1 February 4th 02:38 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service