Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old January 25th   #1
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Knox County DA's office: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/ja...officers-wont/

Had I done this, I would have lost my concealed carry "privilege" forever and been thrown in jail for menacing. But they're just some good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm, so it's ok.

Quote:
Knox County prosecutors will not file charges against two off-duty Oak Ridge police officers accused of pulling a handgun on a motorist during an alleged road-rage incident last month.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th   #2
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

you got that right - if they pulled their gun without feeling their lives were threatend then its not right.

Their defense may have been if the other guy jumped out of the vehicle and started toward them then they felt threatend. Will have to wait until the report comes out and see if any witnesses were available.
Old January 25th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's hard to know the exact circumstances under which all this happened. Without any proof that proves something they are 'innocent until proven guilty'.

But I'll tell you my own story of a judge in Athens that crossed the line.

I had just purchased the Corvette and took my mom to get something in Athens. It had the temporary tag affixed inside the rear window, which was readily visible upon approach of the vehicle, but not as visible from a distance due to the tint. So the rear where there normally would be a plate had a big old Chevy symbol.

There is a section of East Forrest street that merges left from two lanes into one after you cross Highway 31 going towards Interstate 65. It's a very short distance before it merges and there's a bridge.

I was in the right lane and simply gassed my way in front of another car. I had plenty of room to signal and have proper clearance. After I made the pass, I slowed down to the speed limit.

Suddenly this Lexus LS400 comes up behind me tailing me and acting all road-raged. I had just gone to driving school in Madison where the signs of road rage and what to do were addressed, so I knew exactly what I was up against.

The car continued to almost hit me in the rear and flash its lights. I thought about going around to Lindsey Lane and then jumping on I65 and then flooring it, knowing there's no way that Lexus would have gotten to 140 fast enough to stay with me, but since we were almost at my parents house and it has an electronic gate, I decided that legally being at home would be the safest route. I quickly turned into the subdivision and got behind the gate thinking we would be safe.

The other car not only approached the gate, but several times motioned like it was going to ram the gate, stopping only inches from hitting it. We stayed in the car as this was a real threat. After a few minutes of these threats, the car left. The driver never got out.

After they left, I called the local Athens police about the incident of road rage. They researched it while I was on the phone and quickly patched me through to a judge that said it was him and that I had 'cut him off'. When I proceeded to explain that I saw plenty of room, he interrupted me and told me that I wouldn't be driving once he gets a hold of my license tomorrow. The officer was put back on the phone, and when I explained what the judge had done, he was flabbergasted as to my options. I think I recall him saying, 'there's not much you can do--he's a judge'. My plan was that if the judge did take any action, I was going to contact the FBI about the issue. I knew this was going to be messy.

My father knows the court clerk, so without telling me he went and talked to the clerk apologizing as if I did something wrong like a dog with its tail between its legs. Whether that did anything or not, the judge never filed any action against me, and I didn't have to call the FBI.

Lessons learned? One--never upset any government employee, whether law enforcement, the courthouse, or even the post office. They have the power to mess up your life without immediate consequences. Two--outrun anything on the road that's threatening if you have the power to do it. If the law won't protect you, you have to protect yourself.

Last edited by Samir; January 25th at 11:41 AM. Reason: grammar
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th   #4
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

The lesson will soon become: always record everything and instantly stream it to a secure server. It's the only true way to protect against corrupt thugs.
Old January 25th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
The lesson will soon become: always record everything and instantly stream it to a secure server. It's the only true way to protect against corrupt thugs.
I've actually thought about goproing every angle inside and out of my car when driving. To catch all the near misses and post them on here as well as all the cool cars I never have a camera for. They would also serve a purpose if I get stopped. Although, being brown-skinned and having those cameras would arise more suspicion and cause more problems than it would solve. A sad after effect of 9-11.
Old January 25th   #6
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

One hidden camera pointing rearward, one hidden pointing forward, and one hidden pointing to the driver window should do it.
Old January 25th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hidden? I was just going to suction cup them on there, lol.
Old January 25th   #8
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Haha that will work too as long as you have the instant streaming to your secure server. I meant for defense more than catching nice cars.
Old January 25th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Nah, I'd trust that it doesn't go that far. If it's getting that bad here, I'm immigrating.
Old January 25th   #10
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

You mean emigrating. Aw yeah grammar police!
Old January 25th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
You mean emigrating. Aw yeah grammar police!
Rats! Foiled again!