Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old February 23rd   #1
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

GE “Forcing” Employees Into Chevy Volts

Well that's one way to bump sales!

http://gas2.org/2012/02/20/ge-forcin...o-chevy-volts/

Interesting comment

Quote:
I used to employ 6 people at my Yamaha/Polaris shop from ’07 to ’10. My flooring line was financed by GE Capital by mandate from Yamaha & Polaris (Polaris Acceptance aka GE Cap). But in Q4 ’08 & Q1 ’09, GE Capital authorized 120+ machines being sent to my shop when it was clearly outside my biz plan, which GE had to approve, which biz plan was based on ’05-’06 anomalous sales that I could sell 14 units per month overall with only 1-4 units during the harsh winters. I asked the inventory to stop coming & Yamaha said “No!” The two companies (Yamaha & GE) jammed 8 months of inventory on me in a little over six weeks of living hell when the country KNEW we were going into a depression. Why would GE Capital expose themselves to so much rick when they knew I couldn’t sell the units, pay them off and was now a likely candidate for Chap 11 BK or Chap 7 BK due to my PERSONAL GUARANTEE? Answer: The $139,000,000,000 loan guarantee GE got in October 2008! GE Capital was guaranteed payment by the U.S. Taxpayer even if, scratch that, especially if I went BK!!!! With no risk, GE Cap loaded me down with inventory, destroyed my business and I contemplated suicide after having lost everything. Now think, how many ATV, motorcycle, RV, etc., dealers did you see go out of business in 2009-2010? Answer: GE Capital authorized huge amounts of inventory (just like the Chrysler & GM dealers that got dumped on then cut loose by the manufacturer), so the dealers couldn’t make through the storm. But GE did. Yamaha did. Polaris did. Did you ever notice the GE feel good ad with Polaris?

GE Capital is EVIL to the core, Immelt is EVIL to the core!!!!! GE is incapable of doing the right thing for the right thing’s sake. Not all companies share GE’s ability to effectuate laws, government policies and own politicians like GE does. GE is worse than the Russian Mafia, and I sincerely mean just that!
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd   #2
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

hell i work for g.e. if they want to give me a free volt i'll take it. don't think it'll happen,but i'd take it.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd   #3
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I watch a show about Economical cars vs gas powered. The overall cost doesn't differ from normal cars. Granted you might save on gas, but the cost of an electric car and the power it uses to charge plus having to install the charge station is more then what it takes to buy a V8 car and filling it up at least once a week. If you pay let's say 50 to 60 a week in gas, (I know some are going to be more in the 80 to 100 range), how much power does it take to charge your electric car each night? You pay for it once a month instead of once a week. Just like anything it has it's pros and cons but as for cost it's not as price friendly...just eco friendly.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd   #4
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!

so wait... you mean to tell me the people responsible for creating the charging stations for the Volt... is wanting their employees to drive cars which rely on said docking stations?

You DON'T SAY!!!

lol... seriously, do you even read the biased articles you post? lol

my work supplies a lot of its employees with vehicles... guess what, you drive what they buy....
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; February 23rd at 08:49 PM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd   #5
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

They aren't even eco friendly NiTeZ. The batteries contain such harsh heavy metals, mining them, and processing them is just as bad on the enviroment as gasoline.

There are a few companies that have better ideas. I forget what it was called but one of the cars on the season of Top Gear UK has a gasoline engine that runs electric motors and can charge a smaller battery pack. The energy produced is used in a much more effcient way than traditional gas powered vehicles. And the battery pack isn't nearly as big. Then again, what we really need to shooting for is hydrogen cars.
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd   #6
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
you got a point man.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd   #7
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
They aren't even eco friendly NiTeZ. The batteries contain such harsh heavy metals, mining them, and processing them is just as bad on the enviroment as gasoline.

There are a few companies that have better ideas. I forget what it was called but one of the cars on the season of Top Gear UK has a gasoline engine that runs electric motors and can charge a smaller battery pack. The energy produced is used in a much more effcient way than traditional gas powered vehicles. And the battery pack isn't nearly as big. Then again, what we really need to shooting for is hydrogen cars.
they already have the technology in place for hydrogen cars.... and have since the 1970s... that is never going to happen because of the pressure from oil companies... I read an article a couple of years ago about a guy in the 1970s who had a Cadillac that would run entirely off of Hydrogen and was efficient in doing so... GM pretty much sent the guy a nice check to research his creation... which was their way of shutting him up, it was the last we heard of his hydrogen cadillac

its just like light bulbs, as an electrician I am telling you, there is no need for the disposable light bulbs we use... they could make a household lightbulb that would NEVER burn out... but then, where would the market for lightbulbs go? it'd hurt tremendously... that is why they've made them more environmentally friendly..........but they still have to be replaced
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th   #8
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
my work supplies a lot of its employees with vehicles... guess what, you drive what they buy....
Did I buy those vehicles with my tax dollars?
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd   #9
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
I watch a show about Economical cars vs gas powered. The overall cost doesn't differ from normal cars. Granted you might save on gas, but the cost of an electric car and the power it uses to charge plus having to install the charge station is more then what it takes to buy a V8 car and filling it up at least once a week. If you pay let's say 50 to 60 a week in gas, (I know some are going to be more in the 80 to 100 range), how much power does it take to charge your electric car each night? You pay for it once a month instead of once a week. Just like anything it has it's pros and cons but as for cost it's not as price friendly...just eco friendly.
That's why you don't see them in Europe or Asia like you do here in the states. The rest of the world is using direct injection turbo diesels while we are crying about gas prices that are some of the cheapest in the civilized world. And companies are playing into the ignorance to make their money. A fool and his (her) money are soon parted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
Yep, just offsets the damage.
Quote:
its just like light bulbs, as an electrician I am telling you, there is no need for the disposable light bulbs we use... they could make a household lightbulb that would NEVER burn out... but then, where would the market for lightbulbs go? it'd hurt tremendously... that is why they've made them more environmentally friendly..........but they still have to be replaced
It's crazy too. The whole concept of not making something last as long because it would 'put people out of work'. My father and I have this argument all the time. I believe that if things last longer, we can put our energies on building new things than maintaining existing ones. Changing light bulbs is a pain. I always use bulbs with a 8000-10000 MTBF just to avoid the labor of worrying about changing them
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
Did I buy those vehicles with my tax dollars?
We may have indirectly, but unless we have a way to change that, it's not going to change even with public awareness.
Old March 6th   #10
secondhandloser
secondhandloser
has no status.

Quote:
they already have the technology in place for hydrogen cars.... and have since the 1970s... that is never going to happen because of the pressure from oil companies... I read an article a couple of years ago about a guy in the 1970s who had a Cadillac that would run entirely off of Hydrogen and was efficient in doing so... GM pretty much sent the guy a nice check to research his creation... which was their way of shutting him up, it was the last we heard of his hydrogen cadillac
There is a lot more to it than just making a car that runs.
Quote:
As an electrical engineer, I'd love to see you explain how this is possible.

The only thing close is LEDs...and the cost and CRI issues have made customers choose otherwise.

Last edited by Samir; March 8th at 11:51 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
secondhandloser is offline   Reply With Quote