Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old October 28th   #1
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
as the 2005 show season comes to an end...

whats everyone heres favorite memory from a show, trip or fun time you had this time around and whats everyones plans for next year....

Ill start

My fav memory from this show season was Mini Nats for usre, had all my best friends there and stayed over nite and had a blast...even though the show kinda sucked the hanging out and meeting new people made it all worth it...im hopin over the winter to accomplish quite a bit on my truck ie get the rear bagged and get it in one solid color and be happy w/ it enough to put it in some shows...and I will definitely be making more out of town trips this year

next...

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, where do I even begin to think. I'm wondering how many events I've covered in the last year.

I think what really stands out is that time I had 6 models at a Sonic bike night. I handed the other cameras and we had 3 groups of photographers each with 2 models. Three hours just dissappeared that day.

Oh, and then there were the Hooters car shows. Boy are those a blast. The girls are so up for taking photos that it makes time fly. Before I know it the show is over.

Milton Frank autocross when I took out the Vette and learned a bit of what it could do--good day.

That's all I can think of with this cold. Hopefully, I'll be completely better by tommorrow. I think I'm on the way to recovery.
Old October 28th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

two big things

two big events for me this year # 1 was coming on line in huntsvillecarscene.com and sharing hundreds of stories from my life and the lives of the other posters . big event # 2 .as disapointing as it turned out to be participating in what little bit of the hotrod power tour i was able to complete was a big deal for me. i eagerly awaited 6 months for it to approach and built my red pinto for the trip. the rain just overwhelmed me and i couldnt safely keep up with traffic, but where i stopped i stood and watched hundreds of great cars go by. perhaps next year i will catch the part that goes thru georgia on its way up the east coast. next year i want to go to more events of all kinds and come on line and grade them . i want also to do an old car to put on display at a show or two just as i found it in all its rusted glory
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Well I guess I would have to say that I most remember my first show back from my time away. It feels good to be back and I can't wait until next year
Old October 28th   #5
BobH
BobH
has no status.

Hi
Well I first would have to agree with HOSS429 that this site is one of the bright spots of 2005. The pictures and car related information is great. As for the shows this year I had a good time at just about all of them. I've cut down on the amount I go to but enjoyed them all. The people you get to talk to are the high lights of each show and the rest is icing on the cake. I enjoyed the Hooters show which started out on the cloudy side but the skies opened up and it ended really warm. The ride back home was just about perfect with the weather turning the way it did. Plus with my age getting up there that was the first week in several I've felt really good. Samir took some pictures of the car with the Hooter girls and it's (the car) been smiling in the garage all week now. So to say it all in a nut shell I guess I like the rides to and from the shows as good as the shows themself. I still plan on going to a couple more this year then its time to rip the old hot rod apart for the winter and get ready for 2006. I hope to get to meet and say hi to some of you in the future so for now take care.

Last edited by BobH; October 28th at 07:04 PM.
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th   #6
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I enjoyed the shows I went to this year. Steak and Shake was great for me. It really reminded me of crusing in the early eighties in CA. Coming from the land of traffic jams I really enjoyed the drives to them as well. I hope to participate or even organize a moderate sized car run next year. A mini powwer tour if you will. We had a run back home where we hit historic and scenic sights. The camera man would get there first and take the perfect shot of your ride in front of the sight. If there is interest in a run like this, send some feedback. If interest is there I will work on it this winter. By the way great job on the site Samir! Its been a big help for me finding the different car shows.
sixtyfivestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfivestang
If there is interest in a run like this, send some feedback. If interest is there I will work on it this winter.
I think there would be significant interest in something like this. I know I'd be up for it, assuming there aren't other events for me to cover.
Old October 29th   #8
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Well I would have to say that the whole 2005 Show Season was an all around "good season". But if I had to pinpoint a specific, then It would probably be Slammin and Jammin or South Eastern Mini Truckin Nats.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st   #9
DanielSC372
DanielSC372
has no status.

yea ill agree what i could make with workin every weekend was prob nopi other than that both of the hooters car shows were great
DanielSC372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd   #10
mcs01xtreme
mcs01xtreme
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to mcs01xtreme Send a message via MSN to mcs01xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to mcs01xtreme
i just love being able to go to the shows and hang out with my friends but that wont be as easy this next year as i am starting a new job where i will be working every other weekend. oh well, maybe ill be lucky and get the show weekends off.