Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

2012 We Love Boobies Run
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

April 14th 10:30 AM to 05:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 8700 Highway 72 West, Madison, AL 35749

From the flyer:

This annual event raised over $14,000 for the American Cancer Society last year.

Registration is $15 per hand.

First bike out: 10:30a
Last bike in: 3:30p

Start Jimmy's
2nd Stop The Pony
3rd Stop North Alabama Biker Supply
4th Stop Adult Emporium
Finish Wild Cherry Cabaret

Prizes for high hand $200 and low hand $100. There will also be raffles, 50/50, and auctions. Food served at the last stop. Special raffle Remington 877 Bone Crusher shotgun.

Proceeds benefit breast cancer research.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

One of the area's largest charity rides had some perfect weather today. And as I arrived around 9:45am, the bikes were still pouring in for registration. The registration line grew quickly and went all the way outside.

Since the ride is organized by the Boozefighters, Boozefighter members came from all over--Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Missouri, and more. But they weren't the only ones riding. A lot of the local motorcycle organizations came out to this ride as well--The Lapdance Riders, The Fugarwe Tribe, Christian Motorcycle Association, Combat Vets Association, Motorcycle Family, and more.

Guzzi Doug also came out to the ride. If you haven't heard of Doug, he has literally ridden around the world and has stories from different continents that you can only dream of. Check out some of his past adventures.

I had the opportunity to ask him where his next adventure is leading him. His next adventure keeps him domestic, but true to the rider that he his, it's a cross-country endurance rally race for pre-1930 bikes called the Cannonball. He plans on riding his 1928 Indian 101 Scout. Good luck Doug and safe travels!

StangGurl there and was riding in the event. She does it every year and really enjoys it even though she still has her Mustang. She was saying that this was a smaller turnout than last year since last year there wasn't room anywhere to park. It was really good seeing her again. I can't believe it's been over 8 years since I've known her. My how time flies.

I saw a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a while, and many reiterated how glad they were to see me alive. Almost a full month later after Samir Patel died and people thought that was me, the relief is still there that it wasn't me. It feels really great to know so many people care.

I wasn't able to make it to the end of the ride to see the total amount raised, but I'm sure it had to a lot! See everyone next year!
1 members will be attending this event:

Old April 14th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Great turnout as usual. It really helped safety of the ride with construction causing the speed limit by Jimmy's to drop to 35mph.
Old April 14th   #3
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
My friend posted this pic on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yep. I see StangGurl at this every year.
Old April 14th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Last year they actually raised $18k after the final count.