Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Hardees Cruise-in at New Hope
Calendar: Events Calendar
BamaMopars  
April 7th 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Hardee's, 10139 Highway 431 S, New Hope, Alabama

From the flyer:

Registration is free! Awards for Top 10 as well as door prizes and a 50/50.

There is a short cruise from Dick's Sporting Goods, 2718 Carl T Jones Drive, Huntsville to the cruise-in leaving around 4:30pm. All are welcome. It was a nice drive last year.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

Before heading over to meet everyone for the cruise, I headed over to The Speakerbox to pick up the Huntsville Car Scene.com banner. The weather was about as perfect as it gets, and because of that, all sorts of cars were out and about.

A good sized group met at the Jones Valley shopping center for the short cruise over the mountain and over to New Hope. A lot of people were proudly displaying their Huntsville Car Scene.com stickers. If you don't have one yet, order one today! They're only $4 a pair, and all proceeds help the site's bills. Thank you to everyone who got stickers today.

Our cruise over was quiet, fun, and uneventful. I shot lots of video clips as well as some nice rolling shots like this one:

When we got there, it was just after 5pm. And there were cars already in place from 4:30pm. This was going to be a night like we used to have at the old cruise-in at the Hardees in Gurley. And the 90+ cars that registered filled up one side of the parking lot very well. It definitely felt like Gurley all right. Except when the unexpected happened--a Ford GT showed up.

This Ford GT has been spotted several times in the Exotics spotting thread in the discussion forum, but it was my first time seeing the car and meeting the owner. And it was such a pleasure to meet Steve and his wife. Steve was going for dinner with his wife, and googled huntsville car show and found Huntsville Car Scene and the new hope show. It was on his way, so he stopped by for a short time. He even gave out little Ford GT toys to some of the kids.

I told him about the chasing exotics thread and we talked about the various Ford GTs in town. He's not met the owner with the Yellow one with black stripes yet, but knows of the others and has met some of them. His has some mods too. He had his rear wheels widened to fit 345/35/19s, and his exhaust isn't stock.

As I was standing there taking pictures of the Ford GT, my friend revved at me as he drove by in his Audi R8 v10. For a second, it was completely surreal--an exotic in front of me and one behind me just randomly being in the same place at once. In New Hope, Alabama? Yep, that's our scene.

As I made my way and started taking pictures, I realized that my batteries were not charged. Luckily I have more than one camera. The sun was down before I could fully make my rounds with daylight, so I had to grab the tripod and continue like that. Unfortunately, I missed some of the cars in the grass that left from the Chrysler 2.2 Turbo group. Those were some of my favorite cars from the night. They're different and rare, just like the Mopar brand itself. The small group that was there was one of the largest gatherings of these cars I've ever seen. And I tried to give them some well deserved coverage with photos and video clips. I also learned that Neon SRT4 wheels will fit great on my 1987.5 Plymouth Voyager.

Several people mentioned how they're glad I'm alive, bringing back the news of two weeks ago when Samir Patel died in a fatal car crash and people thought it was me. This news reverberated throughout the enthusiast community, and still has an impact two weeks later. It still shocks me how many people care about me.

One of the best moments for me in the evening was when I overheard a little girl named Hannah asking her father, "why does he have all those cameras?" And her father answered, "you know that web site where I show you all those pictures of cars? He takes those pictures." From exotic owners to the next generation of enthusiasts, everyone is looking at Huntsville Car Scene.com. And it's why the site will always be family friendly, even in the years to come.

I had a great time and hopefully we showed the Hardees management why cars and Hardees go hand-in-hand. See everyone next time! -- Samir
25 members will be attending this event:

Old March 12th   #2
BamaMopars
BamaMopars
Mopar or No car!

To let everyone know this is a 1 time show! We are trying to keep it. But with new owners in May we are trying to show the new owners what our show is about. Thanks Mark
BamaMopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th   #3
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Hmm... might have to look into this if I'm in town that weekend.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post! Email me a digital copy of the flyer as well as a new banner for this year and I'll get those up asap.
Old March 13th   #5
ray
ray

Anyone up for a cruise to this just like last year?
Old March 13th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I was thinking of the same thing.
Old March 14th   #7
BamaMopars
BamaMopars
Mopar or No car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the post! Email me a digital copy of the flyer as well as a new banner for this year and I'll get those up asap.
If we are able to have the show in May I'll get you that banner to you. We are kinda in a sticky thing with Hardees right now. So the bigger the turn out the better we are to have the shows the rest of the year.
BamaMopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Well then, you need a banner up for the April one. Send me a banner for that and let's see if we can't pack the house.
Old March 15th   #9
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Anyone up for a cruise to this just like last year?
I'll be down and I'm sure we can get the Flat four, Evo and Z guys up for it. Esp if it's a cruise and free. Like I said, for me it's just whether or not I'm in town that day.

Old March 15th   #10
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
I'll be down and I'm sure we can get the Flat four, Evo and Z guys up for it. Esp if it's a cruise and free. Like I said, for me it's just whether or not I'm in town that day.
Let's get together at the Speakerbox meet and plan this out. I think that would be a cool "import" cruise with all of us to the Hardee's event.
Old March 15th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Let's get together at the Speakerbox meet and plan this out. I think that would be a cool "import" cruise with all of us to the Hardee's event.
Sounds super sweet. Let me know what you guys need from me.
Old March 15th   #12
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
That works dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Sounds super sweet. Let me know what you guys need from me.
Money

Old March 15th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Money
I need that more than you guys do. Let me know what else you need from me.
Old March 20th   #14
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I will not be going out of town this weekend so Ray, we need to set up maybe meeting at the back of the Hobby Lobby parking lot on Bailey Cove and rolling over to the show.

Meet at 5 and roll at 5:30?

Old March 20th   #15
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

We'll need to be early because we'll load up the parking lot with our group.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #16
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Yeah, this is true... bump to 4:30 and leave at 5?

Ray I made an event on FB and added you so you can add whoever on there to the cruise if you want!

Old March 20th   #17
ray
ray

Alright, thanks man. I'll check into this

I know we did basically the same thing last year so maybe we can drum this up a little more and get more people. We will end up taking the majority of the parking. It got packed there last year
Old March 20th   #18
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Yeah, I helped set it up last year and ended up not being able to go for some reason. Really aggrivated me. Oh well, we shall be good this time around!

Old March 20th   #19
ray
ray

I'll try to network some at the Speakerbox meet and mention it to the Subaru guys. See what we can come up with. We can't grow it too big or we won't have enough room for all of us, let alone anyone else! Haha
Old March 20th   #20
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Not intending to snipe the show, but if they're only doing this one-time show, remember that the usual first saturday Hardee's show has moved to the Madison, AL location due to the cramped parking lot we had to endure last year. Much larger parking lot and much better location.