Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Speakerbox Pre-Meet
Calendar: Events Calendar
ray  
March 31st 08:00 AM to 08:30 AM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Mitchell Plastics -- 1619 Highway 72 E, Huntsville, AL -- http://g.co/maps/2yfrv

This is the pre-meet event with the North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners club (NAMO) and the Huntsville Flat Four group for the Speakerbox Super Meet. This pre-meet is primarily for Mitsubishi and Subaru cars but others are welcome to drive there with us. However, you won't be able to park with us in the designated club area reserved for each manufacturer.

We have discussed the details with the Speakerbox and they would like all the clubs there around 8:30am which means we need to start meeting around 8:00am at the location.

WE LEAVE THE PRE-MEET AT 8:20am SHARP! Don't be late!

You can turn off of 72 as well as Moores Mill Road to get to the parking lot where we will be gathering. However, Moores Mill Road looks less dangerous and slightly more direct.

Here is a link to a Google Maps shot that shows you the location a little better: http://g.co/maps/2yfrv

It is a nice, big parking lot so we shouldn't be in the way (especially at that time of the morning on a Saturday). When we leave we will be able to take the short cruise to the Speakerbox by leaving via Moores Mill Road and the traffic light located there. This should help to keep us all together.

Once we arrive at the Speakerbox please pay attention to Dana, Ray and Beck as we will be working with to get everyone parked in the appropriate areas.

Hope to see everyone there!
13 members will be attending this event:

Old March 16th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Ugh, I hate early mornings. I may just join you guys there at the meet. Depends on how much sleep I get tonight. Tomorrow will be a long day.
Old March 16th   #3
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Ugh, I hate early mornings. I may just join you guys there at the meet. Depends on how much sleep I get tonight. Tomorrow will be a long day.
I hear ya. The early morning times will probably keep a lot of people away but oh well!

They may not be able to park with the rest of the group and will have to take chances with the "general admission" parking.

Last edited by ray; March 16th at 11:41 AM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think people will still be there early enough based on the arrival rate last year.

The long line of Mitsus and Subarus gets me really excited though. So much so that I might wake at 6:45a.
Old March 16th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Since that early in the morning though won't probably have too many people there at Speakerbox to see the roll in, do you want to consider entering through that rear entrance? I think people would be able to stay together more easily on that back road than 72.
Old March 16th   #6
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Quote:
Err, the meet isn't tomorrow.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #7
ray
ray

Quote:
Since that early in the morning though won't probably have too many people there at Speakerbox to see the roll in, do you want to consider entering through that rear entrance? I think people would be able to stay together more easily on that back road than 72.
I still haven't come to a conclusion on that yet. I may go drive that route myself and make a determination. I just don't know about the field's condition from that approach vs. the field's condition from the front entrance. I will have to see.
Old March 16th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
Aghh!! Thank you for straightening me out. These two weekends are just one long string of 14hr days, so I'm getting everything confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
I still haven't come to a conclusion on that yet. I may go drive that route myself and make a determination. I just don't know about the field's condition from that approach vs. the field's condition from the front entrance. I will have to see.
I checked that rear entrance when I was there that day before you came. It's a slight incline from the road, fine for all cars except those that are 2" off the ground. I'd probably go at an angle in Porsche just to be sure, but I don't think I would scrape even if I didn't. Stock height cars should be no problem at all. From there it's a flat entrance onto the field from a spot a bit down from the road.

This entrance won't work as an exit since spectator parking will be in this area, but should work really well for coming in early.
Old March 16th   #9
ray
ray

Samir, can you add a line to the event listing for me?

This pre-meet is primarily for Mitsubishi and Subaru cars but others are welcome to drive there with us. However, you won't be able to park with us in the designated club area reserved for each manufacturer.
Old March 16th   #10
ray
ray

Add this to the forum/links area too please: http://www.mysubie.com/event/Speaker-Box-Meet/1125

Thank you!
Old March 16th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Samir, can you add a line to the event listing for me?

This pre-meet is primarily for Mitsubishi and Subaru cars but others are welcome to drive there with us. However, you won't be able to park with us in the designated club area reserved for each manufacturer.
Quote:
Add this to the forum/links area too please: http://www.mysubie.com/event/Speaker-Box-Meet/1125

Thank you!
Done!
Old March 16th   #12
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
Ha! I was going to point that out if no one else did!

Ray, we are going to leave our spot about 10-15 mins after yall do so we hopefully don't shut down 72 and over run Beck and the Speakerbox guys.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #13
ray
ray

Sounds good man. I'll be at the Nissan meet tonight so we can discuss anything else then!
Old March 16th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Ha! I was going to point that out if no one else did!

Ray, we are going to leave our spot about 10-15 mins after yall do so we hopefully don't shut down 72 and over run Beck and the Speakerbox guys.
Thank you for looking out for me!

I would be afraid of 72 traffic running over you guys. There's potential for problems if the roll in causes a backup at the entrance.
Quote:
Sounds good man. I'll be at the Nissan meet tonight so we can discuss anything else then!
I'll be there too, but later since I'll be at the driving school before.
Old March 17th   #15
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I might just ride out with you guys. I have to seen when the wife has to work, if she does. Depending on that depends on what time I'll leave the house.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th   #16
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
I might just ride out with you guys. I have to seen when the wife has to work, if she does. Depending on that depends on what time I'll leave the house.
Come along and gather some Toyota cars. This would be a good chance to drum up interest for the Toyota club.
Old March 17th   #17
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

Quote:
I checked that rear entrance when I was there that day before you came. It's a slight incline from the road, fine for all cars except those that are 2" off the ground. I'd probably go at an angle in Porsche just to be sure, but I don't think I would scrape even if I didn't. Stock height cars should be no problem at all. From there it's a flat entrance onto the field from a spot a bit down from the road.

This entrance won't work as an exit since spectator parking will be in this area, but should work really well for coming in early.
so i should be able to pull in there with much issue?
Old March 17th   #18
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
In the rear? At an angle you should be fine. If you're not coming with a group, the front entrance will be your best bet.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th   #19
ray
ray

I actually just got back from driving through the Speakerbox field, hahaha.

Everything looks good and the best bet is definitely the entrance from the back of the field. Rather than hanging out the caravan/line into 72. It is a pretty easy drive through the field but of course my car has AWD and stock ride height.

Beck, there was only one thing I noticed walking in the field. There are two pieces of white rebar sticking a few inches out of the ground near the middle of the field. Just something I noticed, I'm sure you are aware.

Last edited by ray; March 17th at 05:44 PM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th   #20
Envy My 9
Envy My 9
finally got a few pics up

Thanks Ray for getting everything worked out with the Subie guys and the location and time for the premeet. Makes everything a lot easier for lazy ppl like me
Envy My 9 is offline   Reply With Quote