Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 22nd   #1
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

need to borrow LS3 Camaro exhaust manifolds

i am hoping to start putting a 5.3/4L60e combo in a S10 2wd chassis in the next month or so, i need to borrow a set of LS3 Camaro exhaust manifolds for fitment purposes. if they fit my need, i will probably be interested in buying them.
Old March 22nd   #2
Don 79 TA
Don 79 TA
has no status.

are they the same as the LS2?
I have the ones off my wife's 05 LS2 vette
actually just thought about selling those and the cats
Don 79 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #3
Wilson!
Wilson!

the Vette and Camaro ones are different, and i don't think the LS2 Vette ones will work without major modification to them or the frame of the truck.
Old March 22nd   #4
JoshB
JoshB
is looking for 2nd Gen Camaro parts....
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

What year s10? These look real nice for the newer body style.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-2003-S-...sories&vxp=mtr

http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...ory_Code=CNV18

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

http://www.facebook.com/yesautomotive

Last edited by JoshB; March 22nd at 02:02 PM.
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #5
JoshB
JoshB

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

Old March 22nd   #6
Wilson!
Wilson!

those long tubes wrap around the outside of the frame and cause all kinds of issues. tire clearance is a major issue with those, especially on a lowered street driven truck.
also cost. $670 for a set. i can can find LS3 manifolds or buy and mod LS1 F body manifolds for around $100. i'm planning on running a stock 5.3 long block with a LS6 cam/valve springs and a LS1 intake. the LS3 manifolds will support 425 hp on a stock LS3 Camaro, i see no reason some ported ones won't flow plenty for a very mild 5.3. this is going to be my daily driver, so the build is going to be as simple and clean as possible. i plan on running manifolds (LS3 or modified LS1 F Body), the LS6 cam, LS1 intake, C5 accessories, a LS1 F-body harness and controller, '87 Corvette radiator, Ford Taurus cooling fans, 4L60e trans with a C5 torque converter (stall speed of ~2300) and 3.42 gear ratio. i have a full ZQ8 suspension, 2" drop coils, 3" blocks, ZQ6 wheels with 245/50s, and two complete trucks to work with. one is a 91, the other is a 89. i am going to remove the cab and bed from the 89 and do all the work on it's chassis, then swap the 91 cab onto that chassis when everything is swapped over.

Last edited by Wilson!; March 22nd at 04:42 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #7
Wilson!
Wilson!

Quote:
i have a full ZQ8 suspension, 2" drop coils, 3" blocks, ZQ6 wheels with 245/50s, and two complete trucks to work with
5 minute rule....

edit.... 2" drop spindles, 4.3L V6 ZQ8 coils. the aluminum headed 5.3 weighs within 10lbs of what the cast iron head 4.3 does.

Last edited by Wilson!; March 22nd at 04:49 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #8
JoshB
JoshB

Sounds like you got a good game plan. Tomorrow I'll call a buddy of mine who has done lots of lsx swaps and see if he has any spare manifolds. I am also planning on doing the ford fan swap using a Volvo fan controller with BMW temp sensors.

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

Old March 22nd   #9
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!

a good friend of mine is starting a build identical to yours... stock 5.3L longblock with LS6 cam/valvetrain and ported Ls6 heads in a S10... have you got a wiring harness yet? from what he found only one guy builds a 5.3L wiring harness for a S10.... you can modify your stock one easily, but not easily if you want the gauges, etc. to work... its pretty complicated... and the harness itself is around $800 custom built
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; March 22nd at 09:17 PM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #10
Wilson!
Wilson!

I'm going to use either a f-body harness/controller or strip a truck harness down and use it. The wiring isn't that bad if you can read a wiring diagram and solder. I would prefer to use a car harness and controller because they are simpler and the controller can control the fans. This isn't the first V8 s-series I've built, but is the 1st LS powered 1st gen I've done. I had one of the first LS powered 2nd gens in the nation. I put a ls1 from a smashed '98 trans am in a 96 S10 in March of 98. The t/a actually had 2 miles on it, and was dropped off a car hauler coming from Canada to deliver the car to the dealership. That swap took about 100 hours because noone knew what did and didn't work. I'm hoping this swap goes consideratly faster lol
Old March 23rd   #11
Don 79 TA
Don 79 TA
has no status.

i see now
yeah the ones i have off her vette sorta exit dead center, which is in the way of the chasis (or probably most chasies)
Don 79 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th   #12
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

don't know if these will work, but thought Id let you know

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436618
Old March 24th   #13
Wilson!
Wilson!

the exits are to far forward on the GTO, and Corvette manifolds. the truck manifolds are to wide, and the F-body ones hit the frame. the 99-00 F-body manifolds are steel and not cast iron, so you can cut the collectors off and add an extension so they will clear the frame.
i don't think anyone has tried the LS3 Camaro or G8GT manifolds. this i why i need to borrow a set of them, because noone knows if they will work or not.