Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 23rd   #1
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Hammer Time: The Unsellable Car

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...nsellable-car/
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Probably because those hubcaps aren't correct and that would lead me to think other things have been hacked back together too.

Oddly enough, that looks really similar to the purple people mover minivan I'm driving right now, lol.
Old March 26th   #3
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

I was look at some of the comments, and the car complainers really get me some times.

"Only a year of trying once the warranty ran out and the sunroof started leaking, thus frying the electrics."

What gets me is these people place the blame on the car, or the manufacturer. When at least 3/4ths of the time its not a manufacturer defect, its just normal wear and tear. And of course if your too dumb or lazy to replace the sunroof seal its gonna let water in. It goes without saying, water and electricity are not a good combination. How dumb can you get?

The hardest car I ever had to sell? My Celica GT liftback. It cranked and ran, had low mileage, extra set of vintage wheels, and a nearly complete interior. Parting it out I could have made twice what I was asking for it. Most people came to look at a 500$ car and decided it need to much work.

If your coming to look at a 500$ car its not gonna road ready unless its just something no one wants. A lot of people wanted that car, but they all expected too much for 500$. Especially when the black center console it had was going for 200$.

Last edited by Tanro; March 26th at 12:04 PM.
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

But that's normal consumer ignorance. The rest of the world is not like us. You have to remember there's a reason why we as enthusiasts are at the top of the food chain for manufacturers. We are their best customer, best advocates, and best brand support.

Besides, if someone wants to throw away a perfectly usable car for next to nothing that needs a slight bit of work and you know how to do that work, let them give it to you. I've seen people buy cars for $100 and put less than that into them to get them roadworthy again. I think KBB and all those resale value books causes more usable cars to hit the landfill than anything.