Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old November 16th   #1
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Christmas Parades and Car Clubs

It seems as if this is getting more and more popular. So far, I know that the Rocket City Minis and North Alabama Volkswagon Club are going to be in the parade. I think the Rocket City Mustang Club does this too.

And there may be other clubs as well. Post up if your club is planning on being in a parade.

Huntsville Car Scene will attempt to cover any parade participation by any clubs.
Old November 17th   #2
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Well I gotta get mine back together before I start doing any parades, however, Jailbusters will be in the Huntsville parade, as well as Athens, Decatur, and Florence. What we're doing requires us to have a few extra people to ride along in our "jail cell" so anyone that would like to ride in the parade just let me know and I will tell you where to be when I find out where we're going to be.
Old November 17th   #3
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Are the parades at different times? I'd like to try to cover each of these if possible.
Old November 17th   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Not only are they different times, they are all on different days. I'll add them to the events calendar as well but the times are as follows:

Huntsville: December 3, 2005 @ noon I think (For more info: http://www.waaytv.com/parade/index.shtml)
Athens: December 1, 2005 @ 6:00 p.m.
Decatur: December 5, 2005 @ 6:00 p.m. (For more info: http://www.dcc.org/events/)
Florence: December 9, 2005 @ 7:00 p.m. (For more info: http://www.downtownflorenceunlimited.org/)
Old November 17th   #5
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
Not only are they different times, they are all on different days. I'll add them to the events calendar as well but the times are as follows:

Huntsville: December 3, 2005 @ noon I think (For more info: http://www.waaytv.com/parade/index.shtml)
Athens: December 1, 2005 @ 6:00 p.m.
Decatur: December 5, 2005 @ 6:00 p.m. (For more info: http://www.dcc.org/events/)
Florence: December 9, 2005 @ 7:00 p.m. (For more info: http://www.downtownflorenceunlimited.org/)
Excellent! Seems like I'll be a bit busy the first two weeks of December cover some events.
Old November 17th   #6
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Oh yeah. I just got done adding them to the event calendar. I made a mistake. the contact for the decatur parade should be www.dcc.org
Old November 17th   #7
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Oh yeah. I just got done adding them to the event calendar. I made a mistake. the contact for the decatur parade should be www.dcc.org
Cool. I've validated all the event listings and fixed the error on the Decatur one.
Old November 18th   #8
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Cool. I've validated all the event listings and fixed the error on the Decatur one.
Great! Now all I have to do is finish building my "jail cell" and get some people to put in it for the parades.
Old November 18th   #9
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

jailbirds

i work with some i will try to get for you
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th   #10
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i work with some i will try to get for you
Its all good man, I was just going to get a few of my buddies. I would really just like folks I know on it, but I do appreciate the offer.
Old November 18th   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

I got one more for you.
Madison: December 10, 2005 @ 5:30 p.m. (For more info: http://www.ci.madison.al.us/Base%20P...%20notices.htm)
Old November 18th   #12
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

jailbirds

Quote:
I would really just like folks I know on it, but I do appreciate the offer.
but i wanted you to keep them
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th   #13
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
I got one more for you.
Madison: December 10, 2005 @ 5:30 p.m. (For more info: http://www.ci.madison.al.us/Base%20P...%20notices.htm)
Will you be in this one too?
Old November 18th   #14
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
but i wanted you to keep them
Oh well in that case...hmm...wait, I think we charge for that. LMAO
Old November 18th   #15
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Will you be in this one too?
Of course. If its a parade and I can get to it, then I will be there. I just sent off the registration this afternoon.
Old November 18th   #16
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Cool. December's going to be pretty busy between the site work and the events.
Old November 20th   #17
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

Samir,
You need to have one of your cars in one or more of the parades. Static cling banner with your website on it. Get someone else to snap pictures. This would be great for PR plus it would not take away from any club events.

I meant to contact you about the Veteran's Day parade. Valley Vettes were invited to carry VIP's. I could not make it, but it would have also been a great photo opp for you.

You still need to find time for lunch one day. Holler anytime.
Old November 20th   #18
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

I've definitely thought about it, but as filthy as both cars are right now and with how many maintenance items are on them both, I can't see even taking them out for a spin.

The Veteran's Day Parade must have been really cool. How many cars participated? Those were probably some really cool pictures. I was actually not in town that weekend, so I wouldn't have been able to make it even if I knew about it. I missed a lot of cool events that weekend.

It's funny you mention lunch. I was just thinking about that a little while ago. I've been so busy trying to get out this Crow CD Album set that I haven't found too much time for anything else.

You'll see me out and about again soon. I'll call you when I get a chance and show you the new ride.
Old December 3rd   #19
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Well today is the Huntsville Christmas parade. I still have room on the trailer for folks if any of ya'll want to hop on. I watched the news this morning and they are saying everything is going on as scheduled.

The Athens parade which was Thursday was a pretty good little event. It got cold after all that wind beat us half to death, and the event officials trying to separate my vehicles, I just got stressed. What happened was the trailer didn't get to make it over to Athens for the parade, therefore there was no "float" just 2 cars. They had it where the numbers assigned were pink for floats and yellow for cars. If you had a yellow number then you couldnt line up with the pink ones. I finally told one official..."you're going to have 15 feet extra in one place or another...it will be here or it will be there because these two cars are staying together. Now if I have to run a string of garland between these two cars to make it a "float" then I will, but they are here to stay" and the guy helped me straighten out the situation and allowed me to put both cars there with the floats. I took the line up number off the little wooden stake, but hey...I had to get a friggin PINK number from somewhere...lol
Old December 3rd   #20
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

Samir,
I't was nice to finally meet you in person.
Had a blast in the parade. For all you that didn't
do it, you don't know what you are missing.
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote