Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old April 7th   #1
Malkier
Malkier
has no status.

Question 1986 C10 Silverado - Engine Swap OR Rebuild services

Looking for recommendations on local shops to either do 1) a complete engine swap or 2) rebuild of existing engine.

1986 C10 4x2 ton Fleetside Silverado

Currently the truck has a stock LE9 5.0L V8 305 with four barrel carb that is getting long in the tooth. My dad drove it for years as a daily driver and he finally let me buy it from him in 2007. I drive it back and forth to Lowes, haul something for a friend, and back and forth to work sometimes basically just enough to keep it from setting too long. Want to keep it around for my kids, so would like to either give it heart surgery or a transplant!

Searched the forum and came across Huntsville Engine and R & R Speed & Machine Shop. Im sure there are others any suggestions? Not looking for a race setup, although leaning toward a 350 instead of a 305. Mainly just something that is a clean install that still has the factory A/C.

Other items in conjunction with the engine exhaust from tip to tail, all wiring in/around engine bay, and service/overhaul of 700R4 transmission.

Thanks!
Old April 8th   #2
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

if your just looking for something to cruise around in, Paceparts has factory reman engines for a pretty decent price. if your wanting a little more power, look into a l31 Vortec engine. you can buy the intake to put a carb on the cheap, and they make decent power with a carb on them. http://www.paceparts.com

Last edited by Wilson!; April 8th at 08:07 AM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #3
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

http://paceperformance.com/i-6484921...-8600-gvw.html complete l31 crate engine. brand new, not reman with 3 year 100,000 mile warranty for under $2,000 with the cost of machine work, labor, parts, and down time, these are hard to beat.

http://paceperformance.com/i-5146448...-take-off.html intake to make it work..

Last edited by Wilson!; April 8th at 08:14 AM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'd talk to Mike at Jireh Customs and see what type of turn-key package he can do.
Old April 9th   #5
Malkier
Malkier
has no status.

Wilson! - thanks for the links. IF i had the space I'd take my time and tackle a swap. External garage plan is a couple of years out right now.

Samir - I'll ping Jireh Customs to see if this something they want to tackle.

Thanks guys!
Malkier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1986 c10, engine swap, silverado