Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old June 12th   #1
MoreGarageSpacePls
MoreGarageSpacePls
has no status.

Looking to get back into the car scene

Hey guys, my name is Kenton and I'm not new to the site or new to the area. I've been a car fanatic for as long as a 25 year old can be but have been in and out of the car scene in this area. I browsed the forums alot back in high school/college when I was messing around with my Honda and even came out to some things. Since then I've matured (I think) and graduated and started a big kid job, and ended up back in the Huntsville area. Never lost my love for cars, just didn't have much time or money to do much to them until recently. Now I'm looking to get back into the scene some more and have some new toys to play with. I own the Porsche and the Ninja in the pictures and previously owned the s2k as well (however I sold that to my Dad). My girlfriend drives the Evo. I also have a Range Rover classic which is not pictured because it's under an engine rebuild but it's my offroad/carry things vehicle. Anyway, hope to see you guys around at some of the upcoming events!

Last edited by Samir; June 12th at 11:49 PM. Reason: embedded images :)
MoreGarageSpacePls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #2
SaabStory2.0T
SaabStory2.0T
has no status.

Sweet rides man! Welcome back to the scene!
SaabStory2.0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #3
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Welcome Kenton! Great to see another Boxster.
Old June 13th   #4
ray
ray

Welcome! Bring the Evo out to some of the NAMO events we have going on! We are having a drive to Little River Canyon and we would love for you to join us!

I believe I have seen the car a few times and tried to flag the driver down just to say Hey. The Evo is rare around these parts!
Old June 13th   #5
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Wish my big kid job paid like yours obviously does! I'd love to grab any of those cars.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #6
MoreGarageSpacePls
MoreGarageSpacePls
has no status.

Haha, I eat cheap so I can drive fun things. Plus the cost of living in Huntsville is great compared to what government contracted engineers get paid. Not having kids and living a few miles from work helps too.

Ray, I actually saw that the other day and if our schedule works out the gf and I would love to tag along (I guess she has to come since it is her car and all haha)! We're trying to get an AMS stage 2 upgrade and tune on her sometime soon and that date in July sounds like a pretty good goal to shoot for! We definitely want to meet up and get some of the advice of you evo guys that have been around these cars more. I dunno who was driving when we've had it out, but we must have missed you. We only recently bought it so it can't have been that long ago. I blame that on both of us still being enamored with the turbo...too much BOV fun
Old June 13th   #7
GrantH
GrantH

You must not be paying what I pay in rent, or you make a good bit more than I do haha. I really need to find a roommate and a house because there is no way I could afford any of those. Gas eats a bit of cash, but I think if I lived closer I would still spend what I do. Single and no kids here too. The rent is what kills it...but at least I'm out of South Mississippi!
Old June 13th   #8
RatTrap
RatTrap
-Rat is where it's at!.

Welcome (back) to the Forum

Hope to see you at some of the events.
Sometimes the smaller ones are better
because you can just walk and talk to
the others.

Of course nothing beats a nice cruise!
RatTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #9
Cruziness
Cruziness
is as Cruziness does!

Hey 'neighbor', Bring your cars out to the JDRF event on the 23rd at Discovery Middle School on Sat the 23rd...I'll be there.

And I hope you figured out who this is LOL!

Nice pics.
Cruziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #10
MoreGarageSpacePls
MoreGarageSpacePls
has no status.

I actually bought a house a while back (thus the garage pictures) and had a friend up until recently renting my upstairs spare bedroom and bath; which obviously helped rent costs a ton. When I graduated a few years ago I moved back in with my parents for a little while to save a ton of money and that combined with money I've been saving up from working over the years allowed me to do alot. Definitely get a roomate though, I know renting apartments or houses gets expensive by yourself!

Thanks for the welcomes, I'll definitely be around!
Old June 13th   #11
GrantH
GrantH

Wish I could still live with the rents for a while, that helps save money hugely. I'm hoping to start helping Samir shoot more coverage soon so I'll be around.
Old June 13th   #12
MoreGarageSpacePls
MoreGarageSpacePls
has no status.

Yea your car picture with my house in the background does give it away! Kinda weird we both started getting on these forums at the same time...and yea that sounds good!
Old June 13th   #13
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Welcome!

You came by The Speakerbox a couple of weeks ago, correct?

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #14
MoreGarageSpacePls
MoreGarageSpacePls
has no status.

I did. I'm still debating on the install on my car. I'd love to get some fiberglass work done but I know that what we were talking about costs money; and that may not be money I want to spend necessarily. Plus I want to upgrade the engine on the Porsche and help the gf with her Evo upgrades so I've got to decide what I want to do now and what I want to do later. I'm going to try to sell a few more left over things I have from cars I've sold that are sitting around before I decide whether I want to do it or not. Not to mention, it's really hard for me to give up the JL 12W6 even if it would take up my whole front trunk...
Old June 13th   #15
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
It's all good! Just let me know whenever you want to get started on the Porsche. Glad you found your way to HCS, though.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #16
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruziness View Post
Hey 'neighbor', Bring your cars out to the JDRF event on the 23rd at Discovery Middle School on Sat the 23rd...I'll be there.

And I hope you figured out who this is LOL!

Nice pics.
Gotta add a link for completeness:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2012-6-23&c=1
Old June 17th   #17
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
I think I saw you out at bridge st a few days ago one evening in the Evo. I was in the green lotus. Welcome nevertheless!

Last edited by gorkoracing; June 17th at 09:08 PM.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th   #18
Smyly@TFR
Smyly@TFR
Professional Detailer
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

WELCOME!! Once you are in the car scene you never really leave :P
Old June 18th   #19
MoreGarageSpacePls
MoreGarageSpacePls
has no status.

That is possible although I don't remember seeing the Lotus lately. I've seen it before, and a baby blue one that's around sometimes, but I just don't remember seeing it recently. Usually the gf does spot any and all Lotus vehicles, they're beautiful cars! We live a few miles down the road from bridgestreet though so we could have been coming or going somewhere and just missed you though. And yes, you don't really leave I guess, haha.
Old June 19th   #20
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

His is British racing green.