Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

TAC/TVR North Alabama Slalom Series: Event #7
Calendar: Events Calendar
ehresman  
August 12th 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: John Hunt Park, 2500 Johnson Rd, Huntsville, AL, 35802

Schedule:
8:00 AM Tech Opens
8:30 AM - 10:15 AM Course Open for Walking
10:00 AM Registration and Tech closes
10:00 AM Novice Orientation (meet at the start line)
10:15 AM Mandatory Driver's Meeting
10:30 AM First Car Off

Registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...FF6F3548F9D807

The cost is $25 if you register online. If you register the day of the event its $30. If you have questions or need more information reply here or at teamtac.org

An autocross is a skill driving event in which one car at a time negotiates a prescribed course, using traffic cones to define a variety of turns. The course is set up so that you are operating in lower gears. During each run you will be able to drive your car at it's limit of acceleration, turning, and braking...and yours. You will develop a sense of timing, judgment, and ability to interpret your vehicle's handling characteristics - at safe speeds and in a safe place.
2 members will be attending this event:

Old August 7th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old August 8th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Going to TRY to do this..........well see what happens.
Old August 10th   #4
pschultz91
pschultz91
has no status.

I really want to do this... but i have a feeling i would suck..
pschultz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschultz91 View Post
Only one way to learn and that is to practice. No one is going to laugh at you.

The first few events your racing yourself, not the other people. Heck even after a few years of doing a few events per season I still just out there to race myself.
Old August 10th   #6
pschultz91
pschultz91
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Only one way to learn and that is to practice. No one is going to laugh at you.

The first few events your racing yourself, not the other people. Heck even after a few years of doing a few events per season I still just out there to race myself.
Well I guess ill go ahead and sign up!!
Old August 10th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Also don't hesitate to ask for help. This isn't like drag racing people are actually willing to help you vs. trying to beat you.
Old August 10th   #8
pschultz91
pschultz91
has no status.

Quote:
Also don't hesitate to ask for help. This isn't like drag racing people are actually willing to help you vs. trying to beat you.
Hahaha thanks!!! i guess ill be seeing you guys and gals sunday! and also do i just bring cash to the auto x? Because i didnt see a place to enter my credit card info.
Old August 10th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Since you're racing against the clock in your own car, only you can determine if you suck. It's called 'solo' for a reason. To be competitive means having a specific car and then dialing in your skill. Most people out there aren't doing this.
Quote:
Very well said. That's what I do too when I get chance to race out there.
Quote:
You'll find a lot of people quite helpful and willing to ride along with you or take you for rides. The ones that are uber-competitive may not be so friendly, but there is a points championship at stake, so keep that in mind. It's nothing personal.
Old August 10th   #10
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Quote:
Hahaha thanks!!! i guess ill be seeing you guys and gals sunday! and also do i just bring cash to the auto x? Because i didnt see a place to enter my credit card info.
Pay at the tailor, get there early to walk the course and do the novice walk through. It will help a lot
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th   #11
pschultz91
pschultz91
has no status.

Thanks to everyone for the advice! see you all Sunday!
Old August 10th   #12
lcmsp3
lcmsp3
has no status.

Its all about having fun and finding the limits of your car and your tires. If you are in my run group, feel free to ask for a ride a long in the white Speed3 on Sunday.

Last edited by lcmsp3; August 10th at 05:02 PM.
lcmsp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Yep, payment is done at the event, but I'd make sure you're registered online to get the discount.
Old August 10th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmsp3 View Post
Its all about having fun and finding the limits of your car and your tires. If you are in my run group, feel free to ask for a ride a long in the white Speed3 on Sunday.
Yep, and this is from a fast and competitive driver too, so the principle is the same for everyone out there. And if you get a chance for that ride--hold on!
Old August 10th   #15
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

Cash or check only. We cannot process credit cards. Sorry
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Freeman View Post
Cash or check only. We cannot process credit cards. Sorry
Thank you for adding that. I forgot to post it.
Old August 10th   #17
pschultz91
pschultz91
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmsp3 View Post
I will definitely take you up on that! maybe you can show me the ropes! i will be in a silver 350z!
Old August 10th   #18
pschultz91
pschultz91
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for adding that. I forgot to post it.
Samir i registered earlier today for the discount and i will definitely bring some $$$$!
Old August 10th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I will definitely take you up on that! maybe you can show me the ropes! i will be in a silver 350z!
Talk to Mike with a blue Miata as well as the other z owners out there. The main thing you'll be having to learn is how to push the car 2-3x harder than you probably ever have before. And keep in mind that if you're not comfortable with going all-out like that, that it's okay. Being conscious of limits has never been a bad trait.
Quote:
Samir i registered earlier today for the discount and i will definitely bring some $$$$!
Good stuff. Definitely get there early and walk the course several times. Imagine yourself driving, even keep your hands on an imaginary steering wheel as you do it. Watch for the feature coming up versus the cone you're at--that's also key.

You'll learn more than you're probably expecting, so let it soak in. And the most important thing is to have fun!!
Old August 10th   #20
pschultz91
pschultz91
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Talk to Mike with a blue Miata as well as the other z owners out there. The main thing you'll be having to learn is how to push the car 2-3x harder than you probably ever have before. And keep in mind that if you're not comfortable with going all-out like that, that it's okay. Being conscious of limits has never been a bad trait.
Good stuff. Definitely get there early and walk the course several times. Imagine yourself driving, even keep your hands on an imaginary steering wheel as you do it. Watch for the feature coming up versus the cone you're at--that's also key.

You'll learn more than you're probably expecting, so let it soak in. And the most important thing is to have fun!!
Thanks for the advice Samir!! Im super excited!