Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old December 29th   #1
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

mini cruise anyone?

i cant find where we have discussed this before but i dont want it to go away . we can and will do this in two different ways if everyone who wishes to join agrees as the title fits both. one mini cruise to me would be a 30 or 40 mile lap over some of my ( or your ) favorite back roads allowing local natives to ooh and awe over our stuff. i love the adrendilan rush . start it early enough in the evening so it can culminate at one of the local cruise ins.( mine would end at cafe 302 or something in hazel green if we ever start one) some one elses may end at hardees gurley or steak and shake decatur or new hope. to me the drive is the best part . the other mini cruise idea already happens to a degree i just havent taken part yet. get a group together and head to a show sort of out of the area such as the ( all ford show in manchester tenn or the pulaski show which both are excellant events
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

This happens informally on the way to a lot of events. A group of people will all gather somewhere beforehand and cruise together to an event, either local or out of the area.

I think it would be nice to have almost a mini event before the event and then all roll in together to the main event.
Old December 29th   #3
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Is there interest in a mini tour 50-75 miles. One day event. Starting 1-2 pm and ending at a specific and agreed on cruise site. Multiple photo op sites (2-3), maybe some landmarks in the back ground for the perfect photo to blow up and frame. Some main street time and some open back road time. Pehaps we can run a pre season event and work the bugs out for a season ending blow out! (not a tire blow out) If there is interest forward site or route ideas. I am willing to organize it if we want to have one. Registration and a disclaimer would be needed. I just wanted to say it before Samir did. lol.
sixtyfivestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th   #4
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

As long as I have the free time, I'm down for a "mini-cruise" event. Photo op sites are a must. I'm usually free the 2nd and 4th weekends of the month.
ITSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th   #5
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I would try and schedule it so it does not conflict with any major events or shows (early in season) and on a weekend that the most people could attend. Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions for photo sites or routes??
Old December 29th   #6
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

How about a north alabama covered bridge cruise? Photo's at any of the Dams or falls. We've done similar things in our vette club.
Old December 29th   #7
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

New to the area but I am open to ideas. I want some great shots I can blow up and frame and some open road time. I will see what other responses come in and go from there. I will keep you posted.
Old December 29th   #8
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

Other ideas:

Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchberg trip.
http://www.jackdaniels.com/distillerytour.asp

Covered bridges of Alabama:
http://www.dalejtravis.com/cblist/cbal.htm

We could take a trip to Lookout Mountain:
http://www.lookoutmountain.com/

Or just a planned loop that would encompass about 1hr+ of drive time.
Old December 30th   #9
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Great locations! thanks for the links I will check them out today.
Old December 30th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I almost forgot about this--January 7th, Vettes with Vets and Corvette Owners is going to be going to the Frosty Wheels Indoor Car Show up in TN. They plan to invite the Valley Vettes as well as the Rocket City Mustang Club, but anyone can come along. I've talked to some people in the North Alabama British Motoring Society and they're interested as well.

I'll be posting the details on my calendar soon, but I think this would be a nice little cruise up to Nashville and then to the show. What does everyone think?
Old December 30th   #11
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Hoss, are you going to help me organize this car run? Let me know. Whats wrong with your e-mail???
Old December 30th   #12
HOSS429
HOSS429

gathering

i would also like to see a bunch of us gather somewhere that has a big screen tv ( does hooters have one ) for a viewing of some of the barrett jackson auction. cant possibly be a car person ( OLDER CAR PERSON)and not watch most of that
Old December 30th   #13
HOSS429
HOSS429

email

i am on a different line today . i dont know how to access email from here. my email at work is down and I.T department is off till monday. driving way off to something doesnt appeal to me. but dont let that deter anyone one bit. my clunkers scare me when i am more than 20 or so miles from home
Old December 30th   #14
DEALER1
DEALER1
has no status.

someone call me if this happens. ..Im down
DEALER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th   #15
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I have friends with tow trucks...dont worry. I would like to stay within a 30-40 radius myself.
Old December 30th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEALER1
someone call me if this happens. ..Im down
Will do. I got your number.
Old December 30th   #17
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

The hooters, barrett jackson and hot wings combo. Cant beat that. When??
Old December 31st   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I've tried to get Hooters to show something on their television system before, but they wouldn't do it.

Now if Barrett Jackson was on TV, like I think it will be sometime coming up, I could find out if they'd give us a section of the restaurant and set our tvs on it.
Old December 31st   #19
HOSS429
HOSS429

hooters happening

what do they ordinarilly show . i have never been in the place. i cant imagine why they would not want to acommidate a group. as it is with most things i suggest. i throw out the ideas and some others of you must run with them. im am still too much a loner. mustang man get with 31coupemama as she is always trying to keep something going on. i simply want a short lap mini cruise that we may co-rdinate sime day
Old December 31st   #20
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I am open to that future TN run you talked about. I will try and get tags in Jan so I will be ready when weather permits.