Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

36th Annual Ellen McAnelly Memorial St. Patrick's Day Parade
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 16th 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Be at Parkway Place Mall Dillard's side upper deck by 10:30am for caravan to staging area at 224 Spragins
Contact: Samir 615-512-5520, www.huntsvillestpatricksday.com

Like last year, we've again been invited to ride in the annual Saint Patrick's Day parade. I want to see as many green cars and trucks as possible, but if you're only green with envy, come with what you have. If your car isn't green, just dress up like a leprechaun! Check out all the fun we had last year:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2012-3-17&c=1

Mark yourself as attending if you are coming, and remove yourself if your plans change. Currently, we have 5-10 slots, but they will give us more if we need them. Let's show Huntsville the Huntsville Car Scene!

Last year, there were a total of five organizations from the scene participating in the parade, so we should have have great company.
  • Christian Motorcyclists Association (CMA) Forgiven Rider #582
  • Rocket City HOG Chapter 1535 Harley Owners Group
  • Vets with Vettes
  • Viper Club of America - TN/AL Region
  • Huntsville Car Scene.com
And we'll have good company again this year!
  • Christian Motorcyclists Association (CMA) Forgiven Rider #582 (slot 75)
  • Rocket City Wings - Gold Wing Road Riders Association - Huntsville Chapter (slot 103)
  • Rocket City HOG Chapter 1535 Harley Owners Group (slot 90)
  • Vets with Vettes (slot 17)
  • Huntsville Car Scene.com (slot 96)
The event is rain or shine, although in the 34 years of the parade, it has never rained on the parade. That's a good enough weather forecast for me.

We will meet at the Parkway Place Mall upper deck on the Dillard's side for a caravan to the staging area at 224 Spragins Street. We'll leave from Parkway Place at 10:30am and go down Parkway to the downtown exit, take Clinton until Spragins, and then a left on Spragins that should dead-end in the staging area.

Here's the staging layout. They should have more space this year, so we won't be as cramped as last year.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

I was running behind schedule since the beginning of the day, and I actually missed meeting everyone at Parkway Place. Luckily, Justin (racinfast002) was running late too, so I met him and rode over in his giant truck with his wife and daughter to find everyone staged and getting ready.

This is the second year we've participated in the St. Patrick's Day parade. And this year, we had a better staging area and more green cars! Two of my favorite were JLowry28's classic Mercedes and Scott Hamilton's pristine Pinto (who runs www.fordpinto.com). Lovely Irish shades of green!

The Alabama Fiat club came out in full swing:

along with the Christian Motorcyclists Association (CMA) Forgiven Riders #582:

Rocket City HOG Chapter 1535 Harley Owners Group:

and Vets with Vettes:

Shelia from the North Alabama Volkswagon Club was also there along with one of the members of the Viper Club of America - TN/AL Region. We even made a new friend in the staging area as a checker cab limo owner joined us at the tail end of our group.

And of course, there was the Huntsville Car Scene.com banner: (what's crazy is that the banner is 13 feet long! )

We were right behind the Rocket City Harley Owner's Group, so we had some good noise coming from both our groups and getting attention. You can hear it all in the video clips I shot.

I want to thank LagoGarda and mactography for getting some HCS stickers and rocking them in the parade.

Everyone had a blast, and I hope everyone is looking forward to doing it again next year! I'll probably dye my hair green for next year since I found a one-day dye. See everyone next year!
10 members will be attending this event:

Old March 2nd   #2
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

I'll be there. What do you want me to drive? Giant truck? Jeep with no doors? Bimmer with pink wheels?
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
I'll be there. What do you want me to drive? Giant truck? Jeep with no doors? Bimmer with pink wheels?
Whichever one you can make look the most Irish.

Actually, the one with the most noise-making capability would probably be best as the crowd loved the engine revving last year.
Old March 3rd   #4
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

Redneck truck it is
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
Old March 3rd   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Redneck truck it is
Old March 6th   #6
Ernie Tipton
Ernie Tipton
has no status.

Samir,

I'd like to attend again this year, but that day is Cars & coffee day. Will I be able to meet you guys at the staging area?

Cars & Coffee is usually done by 11:00. If my wife can close up for me that day I'll see what I can do to hook up with you as early as possible.

Thanks,
Ernie
Ernie Tipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Tipton View Post
Samir,

I'd like to attend again this year, but that day is Cars & coffee day. Will I be able to meet you guys at the staging area?

Cars & Coffee is usually done by 11:00. If my wife can close up for me that day I'll see what I can do to hook up with you as early as possible.

Thanks,
Ernie
We'd love to have you again Ernie. But we have to be staged no later than 10:30am. Will that be possible?

My plan is to hit the Cars and Coffee in the morning, Detailing clinic and then head to the parade.
Old March 12th   #8
Scott Hamilton
Scott Hamilton
Pinto Beans are GOOD!.

Send a message via MSN to Scott Hamilton Send a message via Yahoo to Scott Hamilton
Samir,

Room for one more Green Ride? Can we throw Candy? Never done anything like this- ??
Old March 12th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hamilton View Post
Samir,

Room for one more Green Ride? Can we throw Candy? Never done anything like this- ??
Yes, most definitely! From the official rules, we can't throw anything from the parade vehicles, but can hand out stuff if we're on foot.

Last year, the crowd loved it when we just rolled in neutral and revved the engine.
Old March 13th   #10
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

So do we have a game plan together yet (meeting location time ect)? I thought the upper deck of the mall worked well last year. Also Samir, if you want to bring the banner, there is plenty of space to hook it on the truck.
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
Old March 13th   #11
Ernie Tipton
Ernie Tipton
has no status.

I've gotten it worked out to have someone close for me after Cars & Coffee. I'll check back here to find out where and when to meet you guys.

I'm planning to bring two cars.

Ernie
Ernie Tipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th   #12
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

nothing green here but may throw a green shirt on and join in.
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th   #13
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

I just posted the event up on www.fiat500owners.com to make sure people could come on over and sign up if they are interested. I want to say (don't quote me) that we have 4 interested in being in the parade. I'm set in stone for it as I believe at least one other is, but I'll let them mark themselves.
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
So do we have a game plan together yet (meeting location time ect)? I thought the upper deck of the mall worked well last year. Also Samir, if you want to bring the banner, there is plenty of space to hook it on the truck.
Yep, I've updated the listing to reflect the meet up point. I've made the time a bit later since we're towards the end of the parade. We had a lot of socializing time last year out there waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Tipton View Post
I've gotten it worked out to have someone close for me after Cars & Coffee. I'll check back here to find out where and when to meet you guys.

I'm planning to bring two cars.

Ernie
Very sweet! I'll see you at both Cars and Coffee and the parade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoGarda View Post
nothing green here but may throw a green shirt on and join in.
Please do! You know that you can plastidiip parts green for cheap. And it will definitely come right off with your paint protection package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactography View Post
I just posted the event up on www.fiat500owners.com to make sure people could come on over and sign up if they are interested. I want to say (don't quote me) that we have 4 interested in being in the parade. I'm set in stone for it as I believe at least one other is, but I'll let them mark themselves.
Thank you! I've linked to the thread. People will love the 500s! This year should be even better than last year!

I've been meaning to call Wheel Fix-It since they were in it last year as well. I just got off the phone with them, so hopefully they'll be able to join us too.
Old March 14th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Listing update with info from the registration packet, and here's a few reminders they sent:
Quote:
A few things about the parade to remember:
1. We have an INFORMATION TENT located at 224 Spragins Street. This is near the Gravel Lot/Still Serving Veterans building. You can also look for parade staff in yellow vests if you have any questions.
2. We have PORTA POTTIES for parade participants. They are located near the gravel lot not far from the information tent
3. Please do NOT throw ANYTHING along the parade route. You are more than welcome to hand out items to spectators but you must go to them - don't invite them to come into the parade route to you.
4. Please no political statements or inappropriate language. Remember this is a family parade and we are all here to have fun.
5. Only stop along the route if the group in front of you is stopped. Otherwise, keep it moving.
6. Staging begins at 10:30am. The parade will start at 11:30am.
Old March 15th   #16
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

We have 3 confirmed coming tomorrow. Definitely excited! If the cruise-in's weather tonight was any indication then tomorrow is going to be perfect!!
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #17
JLowery28
JLowery28
has a status

Had a great time! Thanks everyone for making us feel welcome. Couldn't have asked for better weather.
JLowery28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It was a blast meeting all of you, and I hope you enjoyed it. Next year we'll plan even more things like maybe a decorating event prior to staging.
Old March 16th   #19
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

decorate at staging with a grill going!!!
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoGarda View Post
decorate at staging with a grill going!!!
Ah yes! I forgot about this idea. We could meet up there directly and grill out and decorate at the same time.