Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

TAC/TVR Slalom Event #1
Calendar: Events Calendar
lcmsp3  
April 6th 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Milton Frank Stadium, 2801 15th Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805

Registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...F4435BF4DEA644

The cost is $35 if you register online. If you register the day of the event it's $40. If you have questions or need more information reply here or at teamtac.org

Schedule:
7:30 AM Gates Open
8:00 AM Tech Opens
8:30 AM - 10:15 AM Course Open for Walking
10:00 AM Registration and Tech closes
10:00 AM Novice Orientation (meet at the start line)
10:15 AM Mandatory Driver's Meeting
10:30 AM First Car Off

An autocross is a skill driving event in which one car at a time negotiates a prescribed course, using traffic cones to define a variety of turns. The course is set up so that you are operating in lower gears. During each run you will be able to drive your car at it's limit of acceleration, turning, and braking...and yours. You will develop a sense of timing, judgment, and ability to interpret your vehicle's handling characteristics - at safe speeds and in a safe place.

We will be imposing a 96db sound limit on participants cars. You will receive a warning the first time you go over the sound limit. If you break the sound limit twice you will not be able to run anymore.

Preliminary Course Design: (Subject to change for safety reasons)

Old April 3rd   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Man that's a fast looking course!

I do like that you added this image to give an idea of the course.
Old April 3rd   #3
naikaidriver
naikaidriver
Finally home for a while!

I wish I could be there. I will be at Barber for the Indy and Grand Touring races this weekend.

Scott
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #4
sok07
sok07
has no status.

Pre analysis on the course for Saturday based some skidpad velocity circles. There are a bunch of different lines you can take through some of the sections...so if you widen the entry/exit in certain places most of the 25mph circles turn into 30mph sections. The driving path drawn should be considered the shortest driving line.

sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th   #5
RobertLamb256
RobertLamb256
Car Show Season!

I am new to the Auto-X scene...as in I have never raced in one. I am highly interested in doing some this summer! Which type of helmet is required? Open or closed face? And if both are allowed, which do you prefer? Seems to me that peripheral vision would be blocked with a closed face. I may not be able to make it out to this one tomorrow, but does anyone know when the next one might be?
RobertLamb256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th   #6
G_Horneck
G_Horneck
has no status.

Open face is what I prefer. Peripheral is much better. April 27th is the TAC #2.
Old April 5th   #7
RobertLamb256
RobertLamb256
Car Show Season!

Awesome, I will plan to be at that one then. Thanks a lot!
I just found the TacTvr site with event info so I'll be sure to keep up with it.
RobertLamb256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th   #8
sok07
sok07
has no status.

*All helmets meeting the latest or two immediately preceding Snell
Foundation standards (SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, SA2000, M2010,
M2005, M2000, K2010, K2005, K98) .

Basically anything more recent than a 2000 rating.

You can drop by tomorrow anytime tomorrow and kindly ask to ride and to watch.

Last edited by sok07; April 5th at 01:15 PM.
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th   #9
HPEVOX
HPEVOX
is getting smoother

And barber seems to win out on this fine day lol should be great weather for those attending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLamb256 View Post
I am new to the Auto-X scene...as in I have never raced in one. I am highly interested in doing some this summer! Which type of helmet is required? Open or closed face? And if both are allowed, which do you prefer? Seems to me that peripheral vision would be blocked with a closed face. I may not be able to make it out to this one tomorrow, but does anyone know when the next one might be?
they have loaners at the trailer if you want to try out open face vs full faced before spending the money.
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th   #10
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sok07 View Post
Pre analysis on the course for Saturday based some skidpad velocity circles. There are a bunch of different lines you can take through some of the sections...so if you widen the entry/exit in certain places most of the 25mph circles turn into 30mph sections. The driving path drawn should be considered the shortest driving line.

Very cool analysis! What are you using to help you do this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLamb256 View Post
The loaner helmets are all open-face, so I'd try one of those first before investing in your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
And barber seems to win out on this fine day lol should be great weather for those attending.
It's great weather everywhere and a plethora of things to do! A great weekend in the scene.
Old April 6th   #11
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

And thank you for posting this lcmsp3! Feel free to add all the year's events if you wish and I'll help edit them as needed.