Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old April 6th   #1
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Sad day for my friends LS1 swapped RX7

Rode up to Nashville for the weekend and went to my friend's house to help work on his LS1 swapped RX7 that he just got running yesterday. He needed to roll his fenders as they were cutting into the tires some so we finished that and he went to start it up and I'll just leave this video hear to show the rest:
http://youtu.be/wNqJdX_TGRY
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #2
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

O_O oh damn. Maybe it's a sign to put the rotary back in lol. Was there alot of damage?
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #3
johntomferg
johntomferg
has no status.

Camera man (I assume was you gorkoracing) was in a very bad spot. Congrats on reverse being the unexpected gear and not 1st!

Unsure what your friends insurance situation is, but when I sold my hotrod pickup to a gentleman in NC he was telling me about being able to file on Hagertys for an engine fire during assembly of his other rod.

He said the conversation started something like this:

Him: "Do my insurance cover stupidity?"
Insurance: "Yes, yes it does"

He had replace everything from the firewall forward and it was still in project. Insurance covered it all.

Last edited by johntomferg; April 7th at 05:32 PM.
johntomferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Ugh. That's my type of luck. At least he wasn't hurt. I'm making a mental note to always close my door and have my foot on the brake when starting something up.

The build looked really nice too! What's his insurance situation like?
Old April 7th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntomferg View Post
Him: "Do my insurance cover stupidity?"
Insurance: "Yes, yes it does"

He had replace everything from the firewall forward and it was still in project. Insurance covered it all.
That's an awesome policy!
Old April 8th   #6
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Yeah the video made it look and sound worse than it was I guess and yeah my friend was standing next to me and we were both very happy/lucky that it didnt go into drive rather than reverse. My friend put a new air idle control valve on it earlier in the day and supposedly they're known for jumping up in idle and then correcting themselves down to what it should be. Well when he started it up it was probably reving to about 3k and he was halfway in the car and as he got out I guess the idle somehow made it slide into reverse. He jumped back in as it was going backwards and hit the brakes but they had zero pressure and the car door hit his garage wall and went through the sheetrock up top and at the bottom was concrete which tore the bottom of the door up and caused it to bend forward. My friend is a Nashville Police officer and his police vehicle was parked behind the RX-7 and got slammed into but somehow there was no damage that could be seen to the police vehicle and the RX-7 only suffered a few slight scratches in the back. There was a big piece of glass leaning against the wall that my friend was using to write his to do list for the car on and that was knocked over and shattered. But yeah my friend and I were lucky it didnt go into drive and even more lucky that his 4 yr old son who was all over the car earlier had gone to sleep about 30 min prior. I'll post up some pics of damage when I'm not at work.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #7
Reckon
Reckon
so...

Wow...that sucks, but glad you guys are ok!