Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old January 31st   #1
liljack
liljack
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Wink Gretings all....

Hello Ladies and Gents. I am new to posting here, I have been lurking for about a year. I have been looking for a connection to the car scene in north alabama and this seems to be the best. I go by Liljack and I drive a 1974 Dodge custom van. Don't know how you guys take to "outsiders", most of the forums I have been on, with the exception of van forums, can't seem to take me seriously. I am in the process of redoing my van. I am looking for a good airbrush artist who can mimic old school styles. My van was originally painted in '76 and I want to redo the airbrushing to look nearly exactly as it did then. If anyone can lead me to a good artist that isn't ridiculously expensive i would be very appreciative.

I hope to become more active here, from what I have seen on the froums in my lurking you seem like a cool laid back crowd. Hope you can accept me and my out of the ordinary love for vans. I will have many questions in the near future as i begin the rebuild. I hope to see some of you guys around in the upcoming season. I think I may have already met a few of you. Anyway, enough rambling, below is a pic of my van. Thanks in advance for any help.

liljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #2
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

love Old skool
welcome to the boards,

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #3
Unregistered
Unregistered
has no status.
Edit

The only airbrush artist that I know in Huntsville is a shop called Airbrush Inc. , 351-2949. Do not know if their work is good or not.
Old January 31st   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Well I do know Joe Keenum over in the Shoals area does some pretty wicked paint. I have a card of his around here somewhere, and when I find it I will give you the number if you're interested. Hey Kerry...wouldnt that van look great bagged?
Old January 31st   #5
liljack
liljack
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

I would appreciate that JM. I would really like to meet a good airbursh artist or two. I want to get it close to identical. Oh yeah, thanks for the welcome guys. I have dealt with at least one forum where they turned their noses up and mocked me when they saw my van. I appreciate the welcome.
Old January 31st   #6
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
PUT THAT THING ON AIR!!!!lol There is a bad ars Airbrush artist in sommerville at a shop called AUTO INOVATIONS. You might want to look them up. Welcoem to the Board.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #7
liljack
liljack
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

ok, for those of you that want a bagged van.... Supposedly there is one in this picture somewhere... lol

Old January 31st   #8
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

nice ride,
vans not bad eather
(y'all are thinking it, somebody had to say it)

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #9
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

if you bring her to the shows you can bring anything else you want. maybe even a vw
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #10
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

What van?? I did not see no stinkin van? Welcome to the site liljack, whats your power plant in the van? I am Fellow Mopar guy, I have to ask. I once saw a 440 van beat a 70 camaro from a roll. It was not a stock 440 but then neither was the Camaro. Bad part, I was riding shot gun in the Camaro.
sixtyfivestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #11
HOSS429
HOSS429

watch it steve . what would mrs mustangwomen think
Old January 31st   #12
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
that bagged van is siiiiiick!!!...is it yours??...old skool ownz all...welcome also

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #13
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Its ok Hoss, She often tells me "its ok to window shop but dont go to the cash register."
Old January 31st   #14
liljack
liljack
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

lol Currently I have a 318 with a 4 speed. I have a 360 at the shop and a 3 speed w/OD, both of those need to be rebuilt but I have never done any rebuilding. I will be getting those done as soon as I have the money. I frequent a van forum, there are a number of guys there that have very fast vans, they thrive on getting there vans too beat the hot rods. I am building mine with cruising in mind. If you ever want to dink around with an engine I have a 360 waiting for someone to rebuild it.

Thanks again for all the welcomes. I look forward to meeting all you guys. I live in decatur and work in madison so hopefully i will meet some of you this season. You can't miss me...

BTW the Chevy isn't mine

Last edited by liljack; January 31st at 08:47 PM.
Old January 31st   #15
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

The SB Mopar is my engine of choice. When you decide what you want it to do let me know. I dont mind helping with engine combos. I street raced Mopars years ago and still remember a little. The distribuutor is in the back right?? lol.
Old January 31st   #16
liljack
liljack
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

65stang, thanks for the offer, I will take you up on that when the time comes. I would like to meet up with you to talk about build up ideas. I will let you know how things go over the next few weeks. Currently money is a huge issue. Thanks again to all of you.

Oh yeah, Stang, the distibutor is in the back, right over the rear axle.
Old January 31st   #17
HOSS429
HOSS429

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfivestang
Its ok Hoss, She often tells me "its ok to window shop but dont go to the cash register."
look but dont touch. by the way wheres the old man ( samir)
Old January 31st   #18
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Working on a 324 ci right now and plan a 450hp 360 for some time next winter. Look for the up coming cruises coming this Feb. One is Feb 18th and we are setting a date for the "Mini Cruise" soon as well. See the Mini Cruise forum for details.
Old January 31st   #19
PBJ
PBJ
has no status.

Welcome aboard liljack. Cool van I can recall a time in the middle 70's wanting one of these Dodge vans bad. I'm a Mopar freak also so if I can help let me know. As far as the airburshing goes you need to met a guy named Ted Nash. He's a good artist and a real cool guy. When you get ready to paint get in touch with me and I'll put you two in touch.
PBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljack
Hello Ladies and Gents. I am new to posting here, I have been lurking for about a year. I have been looking for a connection to the car scene in north alabama and this seems to be the best. I go by Liljack and I drive a 1974 Dodge custom van. Don't know how you guys take to "outsiders", most of the forums I have been on, with the exception of van forums, can't seem to take me seriously. I am in the process of redoing my van. I am looking for a good airbrush artist who can mimic old school styles. My van was originally painted in '76 and I want to redo the airbrushing to look nearly exactly as it did then. If anyone can lead me to a good artist that isn't ridiculously expensive i would be very appreciative.

I hope to become more active here, from what I have seen on the froums in my lurking you seem like a cool laid back crowd. Hope you can accept me and my out of the ordinary love for vans. I will have many questions in the near future as i begin the rebuild. I hope to see some of you guys around in the upcoming season. I think I may have already met a few of you. Anyway, enough rambling, below is a pic of my van. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome liljack! I hope you find this a good place to express your passion about your van and find the resources that you need for your project.

This is one of the most diverse forums in the area with people coming from different diciplines and groups. Most of us have a passion for one motorized thing or another, but what makes us different is that we also can appreciate someone else's passion even if it is not our own. That's what makes this place different and easier to be comfortable in.

As far as airbrushing. There was a guy at one of the Sonic bike nights that was doing some pretty nice work on the spot. I don't have his contact info, though. I'm sure he'll be back this year at the bike nights. It was great promotion for his work.

A lot of the local bike shops and custom shops will have leads on good custom paint artists. Two people that do really great paint that may be able to do airbrushing is New Images Body Shop (see the sponsors link or click on the banners when you see them), and Tricks Customs off Wall Triana. I've seen both their work and it is stellar for the price.

If you end up finding some other airbrush resource that you would like to recommend, feel free to post up. And again, Welcome aboard!