Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Downtown Decatur 3rd Friday evening cruise-in
Calendar: Events Calendar
coupemama  
June 20th 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 2nd Avenue & Bank Street

Downtown, 2nd Avenue and Bank Street, Decatur, Alabama

did not see on the actual calendar for June 20th - so put it o
5 members will be attending this event:

Old June 16th   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'm slacking.......lol. From the Facebook page:

It's time for another 3rd Friday Downtown Decatur! Take a look at the fabulous line-up below and make plans to join us THIS FRIDAY for a fun night!

3rd Friday Downtown Decatur
June 20, 2014 - 5 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Presented by Budweiser
Diamond Sponsor: Decatur Downtown Redevelopment Authority
Gold Sponsors: Bank Independent • BP • Decatur Morgan County Chamber of Commerce
Decatur Morgan County Convention and Visitors Bureau • Morgan County Commission • Progress Bank
Silver Sponsors: 3M • Nucor
Bronze Sponsors: Beautiful Edge - A Paul Mitchell Focus Salon • King Insurance Agency • Renasant Bank • Stovall Marks Insurance

3rd Friday Downtown Decatur is organized by the members of the Downtown Decatur Merchants and Business Association, including Bank Independent, Bank Street Art & Antiques, Beautiful Edge - A Paul Mitchell Focus Salon, Chenault Studios & Bank Street Green, Decatur Downtown Redevelopment Authority, Decatur Morgan County Chamber of Commerce, Decatur Morgan County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Decatur Morgan County Farmer's Market, Ingall's Harbor, King Insurance Agency, Mellow Mushroom, Memi's, Progress Bank, Simp McGhee's, Stovall Marks Insurance, The Cupboard, and The Paper Chase

**Transportation between Bank Street and Second Avenue will again be provided by MCATS for $1 per rider per person. The Bank Street shuttle location is beside Tammy Eddy Antiques and Interiors and the Second Avenue shuttle location is in the Alabama Center for the Arts’ parking lot.

Music
Main stage will be located on Bank Street and will feature the “Al Keith Band” from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.

Six other musicians/groups will be located outside throughout Downtown:
Kim Stone – on Bank Street by Tallulah’s
The Morgan County Dulcimer Association – on Bank Street
Haden McLean – on Second Avenue by The Antique Basket
Michael Barber – on Second Avenue in Casa Grande Park
Correy MacIlveen – on Moulton Street by Downtown Dawgs
Wes Woodard – on Second Avenue by the Alabama Center for the Arts greenspace

Entertainment inside Downtown Restaurants:
Moe’s Original Bar-B-Que: The Wheelers beginning at 8 p.m.
Back Alley Bistro: Tim Tucker
Simp McGhee’s: Barry Hall

Artists and Vendors
The Market on Bank Street featuring Artists, Handmade Goods and Locally Grown Fresh Produce
Handmade Goods Vendors on Second Avenue

Food
Bank Street Food Court – featuring favorites from local restaurants:
Ingalls Entertainment – Beverages
Bank Street Green - Burgers
Downtown Dawgs
The Big Easy
Chuck Wagon

Attractions and Events
Classic and Antique Cars will be displayed on Second Avenue
Collector Cars and Motorcycles will be displayed on Bank Street
Junior Dragsters will be displayed in the 800 block of Bank Street
Kids Zone located on Second Avenue by Bank Independent
Carnegie Visual Arts Center will have Children’s Activities and Art on Bank Street
Horse Drawn Carriage Rides, sponsored by Back Alley Bistro. Rides will be given from the Arts College to Bank Street, and discount meal coupons for lunch, dinner and brunch will be offered from Back Alley Bistro and may be obtained from the carriage driver.
Chalk Art Challenge -

In-Store Events
The Echo Gypsy will be hosting storytelling with Joyce Billingsley from NPR and will also be registering children for art camps, which begin a week from Monday.
Beautiful Edge – A Paul Mitchel Focus Salon and Goody 2 Shoes will present a Fashion Show starting at 7 pm at Beautiful Edge. Doors open at 6:30 which is when our Stella & Dot Trunk show will begin and everything ends at 8. There will be specials from both the salon and Goody 2 Shoes.
The Cupboard will host blacksmithing demonstrations by local artist Al Stephens of Pequea Valley Forge, Fiber artist Laurie Popp will be doing wool felting demonstrations and there will be an "Alabama Scoundrels" book signing with authors Kelly Kazek and Wil Elrick. All will take place at The Cupboard.
Memi’s will have a jewelry trunk show and a Wildtree tasting.
Old June 19th   #3
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Its that time again.hope to see you all on 2nd ave.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th   #4
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

Hope the rain holds off. Two Huntsville TV stations have the chances at 20%, & the other at 40%. I'm going with the 20%. Either way, I plan to be there. Looks like a LOT of stuff going on!.
MrPontiac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th   #5
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

Shoot, I got 'lectric wipers now, I ain't scart of rain! Right, my English teacher didn't like me either.
ChuckM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th   #6
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

Yeah, I gots 'lectric wipers, too. But I spent so much time wire-brushing RUST off'n that thang, I don't put 'im out in the rain if'n I kin hep it! (My English teacher didn't like me NEITHER!) HE, HE.
Old June 21st   #7
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Had issues,BIG ISSUES at work could not make it. everything go ok?
Old June 21st   #8
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

Bruce, missed seeing you. Hope your big issues aren't too serious. The evening was really good. No rain... a little muggy, but there were - I would say - thousands of people on 2nd st. There were a lot of cars, & a lot that I had not seen before. It really was a big street festival. The business owners were participating in a great way, too. It was GOOD!

Last edited by MrPontiac63; June 21st at 07:03 AM.
Old June 21st   #9
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Smile

Yes, all was good.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st   #10
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Great. I'm really proud of it! lots of hard work. I think I can make it even bigger if given the chance.
Old June 21st   #11
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I heard the ones next to us questioning why they do not open the side streets of Grant and Johnston. I agree. I do not see any reason why they cannot. In fact, we parked one of our rides on Grant Street next Cafe 113 this past Friday. Marsha
Old June 21st   #12
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

I know why, they think that will make the cars go up on bank street. that's what was said in the meeting.. I could put another 50-100 cars.in there. I also have info that they COULD close off Moulton street if the right person ask for it. I talked to some folks at nocalula(?) falls today who said it was great, but also got another bad report on some police. any way it could grow more.
Old June 22nd   #13
LastChance
LastChance

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
I know why, they think that will make the cars go up on bank street. that's what was said in the meeting.. I could put another 50-100 cars.in there. I also have info that they COULD close off Moulton street if the right person ask for it. I talked to some folks at nocalula(?) falls today who said it was great, but also got another bad report on some police. any way it could grow more.
Hey me and Hargrove acted like someone and didnt cause any issues with police this trip, lol.

It was fun and had a great time.

See yall in July!!
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd   #14
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

cant believe ya'll acted right!!!!!!!!!
Old June 23rd   #15
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

As always had a great time. I hate that the vendors that are setup on Bank St. are really just left out in the cold.

My only complaint is I saw A LOT of people touching cars. I found several hand prints on mine as well but I guess that's life. I did have a drunk guy coming running up right as I was leaving that tripped and kinda fell into my car. It scared the crap out of me because I had just rolled back to start pulling out and I wasn't sure if I had hit something or what. He then proceeded to hang on the side of my car and tell me it sounded awesome, which I appreciated, but please don't hang on my car.

Also when we were leaving I saw about 4 cops running toward Lee St. not really sure what happened.
Old June 23rd   #16
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I agree with people having to touch the rides and let their kids climb & step on running boards. I really hate that I had to speak up a few times and let a few know that some of the paint jobs costs thousands and disrespectful to touch. We did not even open the hood for this same reason. Then when we got home, wipe down our entire ride! Besides this issue, the evening went well and enjoyed.
Old June 23rd   #17
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
I agree with people having to touch the rides and let their kids climb & step on running boards. I really hate that I had to speak up a few times and let a few know that some of the paint jobs costs thousands and disrespectful to touch. We did not even open the hood for this same reason. Then when we got home, wipe down our entire ride! Besides this issue, the evening went well and enjoyed.
That's why I don't pop my hood or roll down my windows. I watch a guy with a beer lean inside of a new c7 convertible. It made me nervous just watching.
Old June 23rd   #18
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Ditto on the beer. I came very close at that point in rolling up the windows.
Old July 13th   #19
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Next Friday night. cool weather expected. Should be great!!!
Old July 13th   #20
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

My biggest prob is being early enough, but that is for me to solve. More streets would help. Sure enjoy the event though.
ChuckM is offline   Reply With Quote